Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation from sky - delay?

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Activation from sky - delay?

Morning folks

I was due to complete activation, moving fibre and home phone from sky to Plusnet on either the 20th or 21st (depending on what email you check). Sky confirmed transfer and cease in the 20th and Plusnet quoted both the 20th and 21st for completion.

I expected to wake up today with no service from sky router, all set to turn in and connect the Plusnet Hub one, but service from sky is still on and no update via my account from Plusnet?

Are there any forum support team available that could give an update please?
30 REPLIES 30
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Re: Activation from sky - delay?

Spoke to CS Rep, this order is starting to become a bit of a saga.

As a bit of background, this is the second order placed, due to the first order failing due to an already open cease order on the line. The latest update is that this second order has failed on the phone line side of things, however for some reason the broadband order proceeded, explaining the router delivery and scheduled date.

Just been informed that the whole order will again have to be scrapped, and supplier contacted directly due to the progress of the order. Another new order will have to be placed next week.

Sigh.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Did you cancel your Sky service?

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Thankfully no, so we still have service at the house. Order was placed via Plusnet who contacted Sky. Letter from sky stated service would end on the 20th, but I’m assuming I’ll end up with an additional month service bill from sky while Plusnet work in the issue.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately it looks like the original orders we placed have failed so we'll need to replace them.

As soon as we know more we'll update the open ticket.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

So after lots of back and forth, I'm still with Sky, however am due to switch today to Plusnet home phone and fibre.

We shall see.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @andrewjdunbar I am sorry for the delays you have experienced with your switch. I have checked your orders and they are progressing as expected, they should complete as you were advised here

Thanks,

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Well, received the text and email confirming home phone switchover, so have connected the Plusnet one hub and started it up.

Now faced with an orange light and router reports no connection. Tried logging in with username and password but no luck, no red light to indicate incorrect login.

Anything server side needs activated to allow connection?
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @andrewjdunbar

This is quite normal as the phone order is usually the first order to complete with the broadband following afterwards(this can sometimes take up until midnight). However, since your post your broadband has gone live and therefore you should be able to access your full service. Can you confirm whether this is now working?

Thanks,

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Not online yet but tech support have been in contact and are working on the order.

I think an issue may have been that due to some internal issues, my fibre order completed and was confirmed a week or so ago, however the home phone order was rejected and had to be re-requested. According to support, if the home phone was rejected, then the fibre order should have cancelled also, but somehow this didn’t happen.

At this point I’m still unable to connect but home phone is working with new number with no issues with incoming or outgoing calls.

Unusual to say the least
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for the update @andrewjdunbar 

I'm so sorry that this has happened. 

Please give us a yell if there is anything we can do / answer / clarify in the meantime. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Was hopeful that a post midnight sync would have occurred, but no luck.

Still offline on an order that was originally placed on the 5th March. Tried again to connect with username and password, but red broadband icon and orange bay on hub one seem to point to authentication issues, but have double checked login details and they match what I use to access the member centre portal.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @andrewjdunbar, thanks for the update.

On checking the orders, everything has completed and so should be up and running.

When you say you've entered the username used online - Usually the Member Centre username is simply 'yourusername', whereas the broadband username is 'yourusername'@plusdsl.net

Is that what you've been entering?

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Hi there and thanks for the reply. Yes to confirm I’ve been using the full login details which include the plusdsl.net information.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @andrewjdunbar, thanks for getting back to me.

I've liaised with our provisioning team and unfortunately I don't have good news.

On further investigation of the 'Completed' orders, it seems that due to the phoneline issue, the Completed broadband order was removed from the line. This isn't something that myself in tech support would have known to check and so I am going to be leaving feedback on the process to ensure that we aren't mis-advising on the Community again.

This means that I've had to manually place a broadband order and we unfortunately won't have a confirmed live date until at least 24 hours time. So that you have all of the facts, it's going to take a minimum of 5 working days for you to get service.

We'll of course ensure that your bill is adjusted appropriately although I do appreciate that this doesn't really help you browse in the meantime.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist in the meantime and please accept my sincere apologies for the mis-advice given earlier.