Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day - no activation

FIXED
davgap
Dabbler

Activation day - no activation

I moved house three weeks ago and was supposed to have my broadband activated at the new house today, at least according to the customer service people spoke to at the time.

But broadband hasn't been activated and I'm concerned that I've had no emails or messages with any further information since the original confirmation. How can I find out when I'm going to get internet enabled? Working from home is nigh on impossible without internet!

9 REPLIES 9
davgap
Dabbler

Re: Activation day - no activation

Just as a follow up, I called the ever helpful customer service today and Openreach hadn't done the activation. Despite the India lockdown they were able to get a message to them and they said it would now happen Monday. We'll see... 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @davgap Sorry for the delay with your order. There aren't many notes we've got from our suppliers but from what I can see it looks like it was delayed because of engineer availability.

Let us know if you're not up and running by the close of play tomorrow/Tuesday so we can investigate further. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davgap
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf thanks for the reply. The internet was connected today - great news. However the speed is pegged at 35mbps down 2mbps up - will this gradually increment up to the 70 I'm paying for, or has the wrong speed been applied to the account (if that's how it works)?

The DSL router seems to indicate it should be able to do much better:

dsl-stats.jpg

Thanks!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@davgap  From the sync speeds you have I would suggest that you have been provisioned on the old 40/2 Mbps service in error. I'm sure @Gandalf will sort this for you.😁

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see you're up and running now. Sorry about the wrong speeds. I'm just waiting for the supplier records to update and show that fibre's available to order (despite you actually having fibre at the moment) so we can change the config.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davgap
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf - hopefully it's possible to get the speed I used to have at this property.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @davgap

I've placed the order to correct this and you should see a increase from tomorrow

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davgap
Dabbler

Great, thanks @MatthewWheeler - all sorted and working as expected this morning.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet