cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day has come and gone, no update on phone or broadband. Day 13 no internet, please help!

martinduffy1

Activation day has come and gone, no update on phone or broadband. Day 13 no internet, please help!

I have an open house move support question 214614606, and after a lot of initial confusion and hiccups I was definitively told my phone and broadband order had been submitted to the suppliers and would activate on 21/6/21, but after waiting all day yesterday nothing happened.

The support team are good at getting back to me but the problem is I just don't understand a lot of the updates and there's been a lot of conflicting information, so I thought I'd try and get an answer here instead.

Please can someone explain what is happening?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Activation day has come and gone, no update on phone or broadband. Day 13 no internet, please...

Thanks for your post @martinduffy1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the confusion and issues you've had with your house move.

I've spent some time looking into this, and I can see the order completed yesterday, but there's a fault on your line, which would likely be stopping your phone from fully working and your broadband from connecting.

I've raised the fault with Openreach now and we've been given an estimated response time of by 24/06/21 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further. 

I'm taking personal ownership moving forward so I'll monitor this and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
martinduffy1

Re: Activation day has come and gone, no update on phone or broadband. Day 13 no internet, please...

After browsing these forums I was really hoping the Wizard himself would make an appearance, and I am delighted you have!

Thanks for taking a look at this for me, much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem at all @martinduffy1 I'll see what I can do (No pressure ‌😬 ‌haha)

I've just finished looking into this now as there was more to it than meets the eye due to the nature of the house move.

I've updated the tickets on the accounts now. I should hopefully get a response from our suppliers about the other, related issue either today or tomorrow and I'll provide an update as soon as I do. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
martinduffy1

Super, thanks again.