Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day (Yay)!

FIXED
Johnc1950
Hooked

Activation day (Yay)!

Hey guys, it's finally here... activation day (YAY!). Sorry, i'm excited haha. Sky have now lovingly disconnected us and I'm without phone or internet Sad Just wanted to check to make sure everything is ok and there are no issues. I'm praying it happens today as I was told it would, but the order tracker says "Your broadband order should complete on 27th Jun 2017 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Activation day (Yay)!

If the order isn't due to complete until tomorrow you will need to wait until midnight tomorrow before you can raise a no service issue. I don't think you'll be getting service today based on the completion date, so you may want to login to your Plusnet account and check your open tickets just to make sure the date hasn't slid.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Doesn't 12pm on the 27th really mean anytime upto midnight on the 26th in PlusNet speak ?Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't have thought so as the OP wrote : "Your broadband order should complete on 27th Jun 2017 - After 12pm"

Hence my reference to midnight on the 27th as the message implies that there will be no service prior to midday on the 27th.

Johnc1950
Hooked

I knew something would go wrong.  All of the communications stated the 26th. I can't seem to find open tickets anywhere; where would I find that information? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use this: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html a login will be required.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnc1950 - I don't think anything has gone wrong as the date quoted states the 27th. Today maybe the cessation day for Sky but I see no reason as to why your service won't be on line tomorrow as the tracker states.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Fix

Is there an open order mentioned here?

Johnc1950
Hooked

Hi Browni, yes it states "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 26-Jun-2017." The phone is now activated so fingers crossed the broadband follows suit. Thanks for your help. It's not the end of the world if it's not activated until tomorrow, but the other household members don't agree on that one haha

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Sounds good! Bear in mind that it can take up until midnight to be activated.
Johnc1950
Hooked

It's on, woohoo! I'm like a kid at Christmas. Thanks for your help guys; just glad it all worked out in the end.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Great stuff, happy to hear you're up and running!

Let us know if you ever have any questions or issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet