Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation dates

FIXED
Pauline_S
Hooked

Activation dates

Hi, our phone and fibre is being switched over to plusnet from BT today and tomorrow. Had a text this morning saying phone was now active but noticed that our BT broadband has gone down so it means waiting at least another 24 hours for plusnet fibre to become active. This isn't ideal and was wondering why the BT connection was lost and why the different activation dates in the first place?

Hoping for some answers, thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Activation dates

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. Have you gained the impression that the broadband will become active tomorrow? Was that down to the phrase “before midnight 3rd July”?

That’s 03/07/2018 00:00 - which colloquially is midnight today.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pauline_S
Hooked

Hi thanks for the welcome, yes the wording in the text messages didn't help but i do understand the activation timings now. I just didn't expect to lose the previous BT connection so early today, patience runs out quickly in this heat! 🙂
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Hi @Pauline_S

I have checked things on our side for you - everything had indeed completed in regards to the order, there was just one or two in house things that, for one reason or another, had not fully finished.

I've done these now for you and your connection should establish itself  - if it does not then please do let us know. 

Kind Regards 

Pauline_S
Hooked

Thank you @MasterOfReality just noticed the light on the hub had changed to blue.