cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date

Jcp1377

Activation date

Oh dear plusnet. You used to do so well.
Ordered full fibre broadband in November when my contract on standard broadband was ending. Given an appointment for today, between 8am and 1pm. Had lots of messages early on saying part 1 of installation was delayed.
Openreach arrived and did that yesterday, my router arrived and so did an email saying yes, actually the engineer will be coming today as arranged.
No show as yet. No communications. Went to track my order and it says I have no orders.
What's going on please.
In the meantime I'm being charged extortionate prices for slow, out of contract broadband.
I've already had to switch mobile from plusnet as you don't support wifi calling, which was what sold the full fibre to me, what a joke!
6 REPLIES 6
Jcp1377

Re: Activation date

"If access cannot be provided, you may be liable to a charge of £65 and the appointment will need to be rebooked."

Hmm...and what about me charging for taking a wasted day off work?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid, you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi there @Jcp1377

I'm really sorry about the missed engineer visit and all the delays to your order. I'm glad to see the installation is set to go ahead on 3/1/22.

I've taken ownership of your complaint surrounding this and left you a voicemail a few minutes ago. I'll try calling again tomorrow and I've documented everything on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229321228

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi there, sorry we've not been able to speak by phone over the past few days. I've tried calling again yesterday and today, I'll send you an update on the ticket and hope all is well with you!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jcp1377

Sorry I couldn't speak to you, I haven't been well over Christmas.

The appointment was re-arranged for today 1-6pm and I arranged my work day around this, only Openreach rang me at 8:30 to say they'd be with me around 9am... their appointment slot on THEIR system 8-1pm.
So, rather than this get messed up again, I have yet again messed my employer around and accepted that.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

Oh no, I hope you're feeling better now, it's not ideal being ill over christmas at all. My 3 year old wasn't well either.

That's an absolute pain! Are they out fixing it at the moment then?

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team