cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date issue

Bolette
Dabbler

Activation date issue

Activation was due yesterday but this morning there is still no sign of activity. Not super impressed so far with my move. How much longer should one ecpect this process to take? I have to add that CS has been good, although the service not so much....
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Activation date issue

Welcome to the forums, @Bolette . What lights are showing on the router, and what username/password?

John
Bolette
Dabbler

Therein lies the problem - haven't even reached the switching on router step. 😆
jab1
Legend

Switch it on, then, and see what happens. 😁

John
Bolette
Dabbler

Well, the cs person was very specific about not doing it until I received official activation notice - which is where I am stuck. Account stuck on step 5 and no email/sms about activation.
jab1
Legend

Ignore CS - the activation email sometimes 'goes astray' - and it is worth a try.

John
Bolette
Dabbler

Oh! And that won't cause an issue with the router if the service hasn't been activated?
jab1
Legend

Nope - we can always advise of rectification steps.

John
Bolette
Dabbler

Might give them another call in 20 mins....but thank you for taking time to respond. Might have to come back on the router issue.....😆
Bolette
Dabbler

Ha! Just had the call and it turns out the engineers are on weekend too so now moved to Monday. 🤔 Shame, they disdn't bother updaiting me on that bit of information. Does that mean that nothing happens over weekends and should you avoid change over on Fridays in general. I am a bit peeved, but luckily the weather is good and we are no reliant on internet. Hopefully, it won't mean another work day lost....
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Bolette and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. From what I can see your phone line came across to us as expected on the 4th June, however we received a delay from Openreach at the close of play to advise further work's needed to activate your fibre.

I can see another engineer's scheduled to go out tomorrow afternoon. Engineers do generally work over a weekend, but whether one would be assigned to a job depends on engineer availability.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'