cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date is tomorrow but no router!

Ajw1
Hooked

Activation date is tomorrow but no router!

So we've had an email telling us activation date is 15th December (tomorrow).

No router has arrived.

I'm regretting my decision to switch to Plusnet!

11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Activation date is tomorrow but no router!

There are widely publicised R Mail bottlenecks countrywide; nothing to do with your locality. Why not reconfigure your previous router with PN's settings?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Depends who the OP was previously with - many ISP supplied modem/routers are locked to the original ISP.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Ajw1 

Have you received a message saying that the service has been activated? If not the chances are that your go live date has been delayed  due to Openreach technician availability issues in your area. Try looking through the tickets on your account to see if there's any updates.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ajw1
Hooked

So today's developments...........

As of 1a.m. this morning, my previous internet provider (TT) stopped working.

I assume that means I should now be able to access Plusnet if I had a router?

I did try to look into re-configuring the TT router but it's a non starter.. locked down.

By coincidence (possibly) I've received an email from Plusnet telling me my router has just been posted!

I don't think it's down to the Royal Mail bottlenecks. More likely Plusnet trying to cope with all the new customers (like me) who signed up to one of their Black Friday deals!

Thanks for the replies.

Baldrick1

@Ajw1 wrote:

I assume that means I should now be able to access Plusnet if I had a router?

No, once the service has been switched over Plusnet have to set up their equipment. You need to wait until that has been completed and you receive a confirmation message from Plusnet.

This is even more complicated if you are coming from a TT LLU ADSL service In these circumstances TT have to remove the connection to their equipment in the exchange then Openreach has to connect it to theirs. This depends on technicians from both organisations being around at about the same time.

Moderator and Customer

Ajw1
Hooked

@Baldrick1 wrote

No, once the service has been switched over Plusnet have to set up their equipment. You need to wait until that has been completed and you receive a confirmation message from Plusnet. This is even more complicated if you are coming from a TT LLU ADSL service.............

Is that the case even if I'm switching from a TT Fibre contract?

Baldrick1

@Ajw1 

I must confess that I'm not sure on this. I understand that for fibre TT use the same Openreach infrastructure. However I do not know how the telephone wiring is routed.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

The phone line will still need transferring from LLU to BT wholesale equipment at the exchange

By coincidence (possibly) I've received an email from Plusnet telling me my router has just been posted!

In my experience, the email often comes out well after the router has been posted, so there's still a chance that it may arrive today (depending on Royal Mail of course!)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Ajw1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you haven't received your router yet.

From what I can see unfortunately due to a system issue we hadn't automatically ordered the router in advance. I can see you've spoken with an adviser from our support team not long ago and we've manually placed the order. 

All being well with the post, you should hopefully receive it tomorrow or Friday. Really sorry again for the inconvenience. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ajw1
Hooked

Just another update on this.

I phoned Plusnet customer service and I have to say they were absolutely brilliant. My faith is restored!

I've had emails to tell me my broadband and phone line are now active and I'm confident the router will be with me soon. They mentioned a delay due to supply issues with the new 'Hub2' spec.

It's not the end of the world (although it feels like it) to be without internet for a day or two and they credited my account with £10 without me asking.

Happy to be with Plusnet and away from the shady Talk Talk!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the feedback!

Fingers crossed it doesn't take long to arrive. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet