cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date has passed but no connection.

franfgray
Hooked

Activation date has passed but no connection.

I have received the text to confirm my phone line is active but my activation for broadband was midnight 21/05/20. I've still had no text and my broadband is still not connected. Please help.
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Activation date has passed but no connection.

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
franfgray
Hooked

Eh, I have a fifteen year old son he's had no Internet for the duration of covid 19 lock down. If I'm being billed for broadband from the 20th of May I expect a service in return for my money. I'm losing will to live with this now lol
franfgray
Hooked

What relevance does hacking software have to this post?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@franfgray Not sure what you mean by hacking software?  If it is related to message #2 of the thread that is just a moderator moving your post to the correct forum board. 

To check if your broadband connection has been delayed put your phone number in the checker link below and look at the block of text below the speed estimates for something like "There is an open order on the line due to complete on ..date .."

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

If you have ordered a Fibre (FTTC) service an openreach engineer has to go to the local phone cabinet and physically change connections. In the current situation there can be problems with engineer availability and PlusNet are pretty lax at informing customers that the expected date has slipped.

If there is no open order text it has already happened or something has gone wrong with the order process.

Have you tried connecting the router to your phone line, you may find that you have a working connection.😁

franfgray
Hooked

Put number in it says FTTP not available I have plugged router into phone line. Broadband not connected. Green light on router just constantly flashes.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@franfgray  OK so you've read the first line which you can ignore. There are another 6 or 7 lines of text, does any one of them say anything about an "Open order on the line"?

franfgray
Hooked

I'm trying to attach screen shots of what it says. Can I do that?
franfgray
Hooked

Still no connection

Can I attach a screenshot to this if so how?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@franfgray Don't bother with a screenshot, just answer the question in my previous post.

franfgray
Hooked

No none of them say that.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @franfgray I'm sorry for the delay with your order. I can see you've spoken with us this morning and we've chased this up with our suppliers and we've been advised your broadband should go live within 24-48 hours as the order's delayed in their system. Let us know if you still can't connect afterwards so we can investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'