cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date been and gone.............

markuscj
Hooked

Activation date been and gone.............

Hi

So I had a letter from BT saying my line would cease on 15th November, and an email and text from Plusnet saying my broadband would be activated on the 16th Nov (thought this a bit odd as normally should be done the same day?).

Anyway, my line wasn't ceased and Plusnet was not activated on the day I was told. Not a problem because I still have my BT broadband so I'm not without, but as it states on the members page 'We'll keep you regularly updated by email until your broadband is activated' and that clearly hasn't happened I feel a bit in the dark as to what's going on? : /

5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Activation date been and gone.............

I'm just taking a look at your account, and I'll update this thread shortly.

Hi there,

Unfortunately it looks like there has been a delay in getting the exchange work resolved to switch you over to us. Our suppliers are in the process of trying to get the work done tonight, though if not it may not be resolved until Monday. We are dealing with the case as a matter of importance.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
markuscj
Hooked

Thanks. Like I said, not really an issue as I still have broadband in place, it was just the lack of an update I was concerned about.
markuscj
Hooked

So my phone line went live yesterday, I expected my broadband to be live as well but no. I phoned to find out, and after being on hold for over 30 minutes I finally spoke to somebody who put me through to the provisioning team. I was then told the engineer was working on it as we speak and my broadband will be live very shortly. Still no broadband this morning, any ideas as to what's going on now?

Like I said previously, given in the members centre it says 'We'll keep you regularly updated by email until your broadband is activated' I still have no clue when my broadband will be live, the last email I had was to say it would be live on the 16th November...............

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi markuscj,

Sorry to see that the ticket updates didn't set or handle your expectations about this very well. I'm going to pass on some feedback about that.

I can see your service is active but don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
markuscj
Hooked

Yes the service is active now, over a week and a half later than I was initially told.

I have no problems (so far) with the actual broadband, I just found the lack of information leading up to it very lacking, despite your claim "We'll keep you regularly updated by email until your broadband is activated" this clearly didn't happen. I only got any updates when I contacted Plusnet myself. Also the broadband was activated on the Friday - I saw the light on my router had gone green - but I heard nothing about it until I had a text the next day : /