cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation confusion!

betel23
Hooked

Activation confusion!

Spoke to someone on the 12th about activation after joining PlusNet as my previous supplier would be ended on the 27th of this month. I was advised to join on the 17th of Feb as it would take approx. 10 days to activate PlusNet.

Had an email yesterday confirming activation on the 28th of this month which was great news!

Had a text this morning telling me the activation date is 10/03/2017.

I am NOT a happy bunny...

11 days without BB, may have to pull out..

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Activation confusion!

You shouldn't lose service from your current provider until that day.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Unless you have already told and cancelled with your current provider?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

To expand on my colleagues reply. It takes a minimum of 10 *working* days to transfer between providers, if the order date changes then the previous provider would be informed of this by the suppliers. They should not be placing any cease orders on your line and should allow us to perform the transfer.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
betel23
Hooked

Thanks' for the replies.

I  cancelled my contract e.g

Contract is up and finishes on the 27th February

PlusNet Rep said to place my order on the "17th to allow 10 days activation which was suppose to be activated by they reps and an email confirmation was to be 28th February" more or less.

Received a text message today the activation will be the 10th of March, so from the point of the sale to activation by PlusNet on the 10/03/2017..22 days

Regards to you

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@betel23 alas it seem your actions were at least misguided. A bit late now, but you should have let the new provider do everything for you, they would have worked out when a engineer would be available to switch services, and told your current provider when to stop their service.

When I moved BT had said they wanted 30 days notice to stop service, so I asked PN to prove the new service just after 30 days, and so avoided paying twice. Sorry its a bit late, but hopefully you will be up and running soon - if you can, cancel the cancelation and let PN make the move. 

betel23
Hooked

My cancellation date was/is the end of my contract so unless I continue for another years contract it won't be viable.
Thank you for tying to help
betel23
Hooked

If I didn't cancel on that day I would have had to renew the contract for a further year
Thanks
betel23
Hooked

It looks as if I will be in need of a cancellation phone number real soon..

Some of the other topics in this section of the forum is not exactly filling me with confidence either!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at your orders, we're taking over an active line. Your current provider should not be ceasing the service while our order is in place as they would first need to cancel our orders.

While I can't speak for all suppliers and their processes, it doesn't sound right to me that a provider would be able to force a new contract on to a customer while they are trying to migrate away to another provider, if you were to move away prior to the contract finishing, there would be early termination fees, however following the contract expiring, surely they should just charge pro-rata up to the time the services leave them Huh

Have you spoke to your current provider to confirm what is happening on their side? As there may just be some confusion around what is happening.

While it is completely your choice if you would like to cancel with us, any other provider would also have to give the minimum 10 working days notice to the losing provider when taking over a service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet