cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Day

Casseyandjeff

Activation Day

It's been over a month since I ordered broadband and phone line. After a delay, today is supposed to be the day our service is activated.

Can someone please confirm that this is the case? I haven't heard anything and the order tracker on my account isn't giving me any information to confirm that something is happening.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Casseyandjeff

Re: Activation Day

Phoned Plusnet and order had been cancelled for a second time by another provider. This happened on 17th December, yet not reordered until I called up today.

Originally ordered this at the end of November. Now looking like mid-January at least.

Unbelievable.
Casseyandjeff

Re: Activation Day

6 weeks to the day since ordering, still no Internet.

Many phone calls later, it appears that Openreach needs to do some work to the cabinet.

Why wasn't this picked up sooner? Nobody seems to know.

How long will this take? Nobody seems to know. The next update is going to be Wednesday 13th January. Probably just to say the ticket is now on hold again.

6 weeks of:
- Loss of income due to being unable to work from home.
- Additional data charges on mobile phone for when I have to work. I'm self employed so no work means no pay.
- Countless calls to Plusnet for updates as they never call or email me to update, until today when someone called and immediately hung up when I answered.

The inability for Plusnet to sort what should have been a simple connection after moving house has astonished me.

It's take 6 weeks to get to the stage of asking Openreach to do some work. How long until they do it and this can progress?

When will I get connected?

Who knows. Plusnet certainly don't.