Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Dates

FIXED
KatFiction

Activation Dates

Hi

I'm currently in the process of switching to Plusnet. I've been given a date of 11th July for everything to switch, but have had a letter from my current provider to say it will be 26th June. I've double checked with both you and them and everyone is sticking to their respective dates and suggests speaking to the other. Does this mean I'm going to be without broadband for 2 weeks in between?

Thanks,

Kat

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Activation Dates

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've received a differing transfer date from your current provider.

Checking your order with Openreach, I can confirm we've placed a migration order which is committed for the 11th July. I'd probably advise getting in touch with your current provider again, to ask to double check their suppliers systems.

Apologies if this causes any inconvenience.

Feel free to let us know how you get on.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KatFiction

Hi

Thanks for replying. I have put a post on my current providers forum, since I'm feeling a bit of a ping pong ball, so will report back!

KatFiction

Hi again,

Sky are still saying 26th. I'm a bit stuck on what to do next! Can you help me understand what determines the switchover date, and whether it's set by you guys, the old provider or Openreach? 

Kind regards,

Kat

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

When we placed the order the default date is set to two weeks in advance.

I suspect this was given to Sky before the date got pushed back.

You shouldn't lose service until the 11th of July as nothing will be swapped over to us until then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KatFiction

Thank you. I was wondering if it was something like that. Since I pushed for this switch, I didn't fancy having the rest of the household glare at me if they went without for 2 weeks! You guys have been awesome, thank you.