cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date?

jefff
Dabbler

Activation Date?

I signed up for fibre broadband on 28/9. Switching from Post Office Broadband.

A few days later I received a letter from POBB saying I would be switched to Plusnet on 12/10.

But I've still not received any notification from Plusnet about this. 

The order tracker page on my account says: "Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed."

So that's not very helpful.

So when will my service be switched? When will I receive my router? And if It's not done on 12/12 like POBB say it will, will I be without broadband for some time? 

I raised a support ticket about this two days ago (number 206954509.) but haven't received a response

5 REPLIES 5
jefff
Dabbler

Re: Activation Date?

It's five days since I raised a support ticket. 

Three days since I posted on here.

A day since I posted on Twitter.

Not had a response to any of them. That is appalling customer service. I could see Plusnet support replying to other people on Twitter yesterday, and replying to other people on this forum, so I'm beginning to think they're deliberately ignoring me.

Anyway, there might be some progress...

Today, two weeks after I placed the order I finally received a text that should have had an activation date on it. But the part where the date should be was blank. 

I also received an email, and that had a date in it but only for the phone service, which will be activated tomorrow. But the the part of the email where the broadband activation date is supposed to be is blank. It says "The activation date for your broadband service is booked for ."

Hopefully the broadband will also be activated tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath.

Of course it would be nice to have the router in advance of the broadband being activated. The status page for the hub on the Plusnet website says "The order has not yet been placed"

So what's going on?

Is there any chance anyone from Plusnet will answer me on any of the channels I've contacted them on?

Will my broadband actually be activated tomorrow?

When will my hub come?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @jefff 

I'm really sorry for the delay and we've not ordered your new router yet. I've checked your order with our suppliers and I can confirm that your phone and broadband are due to be transferred across to us tomorrow 13/10/20 before midnight.

I've manually ordered your router now which we'll get to you as soon as we can. Again I sincerely apologise for the delay and that you may experience some downtime.

If your existing router isn't locked down to a certain provider, you may be able to configure it to work with our service when that goes live. We'll send you an email and a text message to confirm when your broadband's activated with us.

There's some details here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ on what you'll need to know to setup your own router. Let us know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jefff
Dabbler

My broadband went live yesterday morning, I connected using an old BT home hub 6. Everything seems to be working OK. I received an email this morning saying my Plusnet router is being dispatched today. 

I'd now like to order a static IP address, but the system won't let me. It says "You can't change your products for the moment, our system may be updating." 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @jeff,

Glad to read it's all connected for now, you'll need to call 0800 432 0200 to make a one off payment of £5.00 and our team can get that added for you. 

Thanks. 

jioffe

This is not me (@jeff), although the notification email came to my inbox.