cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date

Ne0

Activation Date

Hi PlusNet Commuity,

Only a quick one, I signed up Thursday evening and just wondering if I am able to speed up my activation date.

I am key worker and my company is due to go furlough any day now and I need a connection so I can work from home.

I am with talktalk at the moment and their services are blocking my companies VPN (I been told you are fine)

I have my own custom router dsl-ac68u so thats no problem just need to process to speed up.

Kind Regards.

8 REPLIES 8
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Activation Date

Hello @Ne0  Welcome to the forum. Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you'll find the answer to your question will be No. Simply due to the processes that must be followed when migrating. No doubt a Plusnet staff member will come along soon to confirm, or deny, this.

Ne0

No problem, thought it would be the case I know the migrating process can be a hassle sometimes.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

P.S

If a PlusNet mod comes along can you check my estimated connection date as its blank

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

You'll need a Staff member to do that @Ne0, the Mods here are customers and have no access to any account information.

SteNet

Hi I signed up on Monday 30th March.  I haven’t received either the router or an activation date.  I left my previous provider (sky) and the fibre and landline have been off since 29th March.  Should i have heard something by now? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums @Ne0 I'm afraid that the lead time to move to another provider is still a minimum of 10 working days as that particular process hasn't changed. 

I've progressed your order along now as it wasn't automatically submitted to our suppliers when you signed up. It's with our suppliers now and we should be able to confirm your activation date within the next 72 hours.

Let us know if there are any issues.

@SteNet Sorry for the long delay and the lack of proactive communication from us. I've now submitted your order to our suppliers and we'll confirm your activation date within the next 24 to 48 hours.

We'll need an engineer to reactivate the phone line at the exchange as it's currently ceased on Sky's equipment (We use BT's) and they'd also need to reconnect your line on to the fibre equipment at the cabinet.

Let us know if there are any issues too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SteNet

Thank you for the info and appreciate your kind words and concern.

I think it’s worst most disorganised start to a contract I’ve ever experienced. Farcical even.

I patiently waited 10 working days after ordering and paying, only to find out my order hadn’t even been progressed to BT for no particular reason given and it would be another ten days from the 10th April.

I ordered the service March 30th, it’s now April 21st the line has gone active today but no sign of the router. Can I trust it’s even been sent out ?

I’d advise new customers not to be patient and trust plusnets systems and timescales like I did because there’s a good chance nothing’s happening and they need you as a customer to bring it to their attention.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I am very sorry for the delays you encountered and the poor start to our service @SteNet.

I can see your router was dispatched 4 days ago and though they usually arrive quite quick, due to current circumstances there are delays with Royal Mail so there's nothing we can do to speed this up I'm afraid.

Once it arrives and you are online, we'll get you a refund sorted to cover any downtime on broadband.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SteNet

Despite a shaky start to the order im very happy with product itself. Reliable fast fibre 36mps/14upload and the router has greatly improved my wifi over skys flakey hub.