cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date Not Acheived 9 days late and counting

Kevwb

Activation Date Not Acheived 9 days late and counting

Bought a broadband package for my sister as a christmas gift. What a mistake, no sign of activation yet , keep haviing to  chase.Plusnet.. Wish I had tried another proviider.

5 REPLIES 5
MVB
Hooked

Re: Activation Date Not Acheived 9 days late and counting

Was that a new install or an upgrade? We ordered an upgrade to Fiber that should have been installed in 5-10 days which is by tomorrow at the latest. It turns out that it wont be done until the 8th of Jan but they did nothing to tell us proactively.

Plusnet are at the mercy of Openreach for some installations and upgrades so it would probably have been the same story no matter who you went with but at the end of the day BT, PLusnet and Openreach are all part of the same organization

Kevwb

Hi MVB,

A new install, keep having to chase, not at all like portrayed in the TV ad.

KevwB

MVB
Hooked

If it needs Openreach to do something then you may be able to see this on the broadband checker web site, just put in the phone number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

a couple of lines below the table you may see something like: There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by xxxx

To be fair to Plusnet these things are out of their control but I see no reason that they can't keep customers updated in a proactive manner.

Kevwb

Hi,

Thanks for the info, willl give it a go.

Ta

KevWb

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @Kevwb

It looks like your order was delayed by our suppliers due to further work needing to be carried out and when the order completed, it seems that there's a fault on the line which needs investigating.

I can see we've got an engineer visit booked in.
Can you let us know how it goes?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet