cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating your line {strCustActivationDate}

FIXED
scoull85

Activating your line {strCustActivationDate}

Hi,I ordered Fibre a week or 2 ago but I am still stuck on Step 5: Activating your line. The date seems to be not showing correctly, showing "{strCustActivationDate}" instead, I remember seeing the 20th somewhere I believe but can't find that again. Is this date correct? I was thinking it was today it should have been connected. The phone line is connected and working already.

Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Activating your line {strCustActivationDate}

Hi there,

Sorry for the lack of clear communication about your order.

I can see your fibre service was due to go live on the 15th. Discussing this with our suppliers, I've been advised that due to a system issue, the order got stuck and this didn't reach their engineering teams, so they've now manually progressed the order for the earliest next available completion date of the the 25th for an engineer to go out and carry out the external work.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scoull85

Yeah, thanks for the reply.

I would like to add that I did find the message in my texts on my phone quoting the 20th, I had plugged the router in before bed last night to try it and it does connect using setup@plusdsl.net but not using my own email and password. This says that the line is already switched to plusnet, but my user is not activated yet, am I right in thinking that?

Sorry to be a pest, I'm just struggling away with poor mobile internet just now and itching to get fibre lol

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @scoull85 

Based on what you've said and we can see on the order, I've activated your account early to allow a connection through.

If you can't connect either with the setup@ username or your own broadband username and password, we'd need to wait until the order has completed with our suppliers as it's likely there's some outstanding work that's still needed. This has started the billing of your broadband service from today but I'll make sure we apply a pro-rata credit if you can't connect.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aaaand we have lift off Thumbs_Up

image15743555562782

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scoull85

Sweet! Im online and thank you very much! All is good now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! It's a rarity this works before an order has completed, but I'm happy to see it has. Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet