Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not cancelled?

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Account not cancelled?

Hi,

I tranferred over to BT on Friday 14th May which was delayed after a failed engineer visit.

I've checked my Plusnet account and you have it listed that I am still with yourselves for my phone and broadband, but I'm not as I've transferred?

Can my account be switched to a mail only account please? I think the aborted engineer visit might have caused things to go a bit funny with the order messages in the wholesale and openreach systems.

Cheers,

S

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Account not cancelled?

Hi @ScottStorey,

I'm afraid we're unable to process cancellation requests via the Community Forums and so I'd ask that you please give our Cancellations Team a call to get this sorted out. You can reach the team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays. When calling the team, please make sure to mention that you wish to keep the account open as a mail only account to avoid any confusion or errors down the line. Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to drop us another message on here and we'll be happy to help out Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I really wish that the forum staff would actually read questions before responding. This is something that has been happening with increasing frequency.

This isn't a cancellation request. It's a transfer, my provider has notified you, my account remains active.

The "cancellation request" has already happened, I'm asking WHY it hasn't been actioned.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@ScottStorey 

I agree with your view of the response, but suggest that following the advice to ring the cancellations team is more likely to get a helpful response than posting on here.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@ScottStorey 

Hi Scott,

Sad to learn that you've moved over to the dark-side, but I hope you'll stay around here offering your help as you have over the years.  At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs (!) this is how the move to mail only works these days... (my boiler-plate guidance!)

Email only accounts

When your account is cancelled, any additional services you have such as email, web-space, cgi-service, etc. will stop working. If you want to retain your email service after your account is closed, you must advise Plusnet before the account is closed. There used to be a charge for email only accounts, but they are now free of charge.

Resurrecting an account as email only requires manual intervention from both yourself and Plusnet. The initial stage in account resurrection gets the default email address restored. You then need to setup any secondary Plusnet email address(es) yourself, at which point you'll be able to once again send and receive emails from those addresses.

If you have secondary email address(es), after you have recreated those email addresses, you will need to ask that their contents are restored by updating the existing thread or try posting on the generic email restore topic. Please note that these backups are kept for 30 days only.

The process should go something like this...

1. Prior to your account being closed, you must tell Plusnet that after your account is closed you wish to retain the account as email only - contact the Customer Options Team - agents receive few requests for this, so if there are any doubts refer the agent to KBMS article #3349
  2. You need to make a note of all of your Plusnet email address(es) by going to manage my mail at https://plus.net/email
  3. Your account is terminated
  4. Plusnet resurrect the account as email only
  5. Plusnet will restore the default mailbox - you might need to change the name before the @ symbol to what you had before
  6. You recreate any secondary email address(es) and then request that their contents are restored
  7. Plusnet restore the secondary mailbox(es) content

Everything should then work as it did previously, however please note that emails sent to the email address(es) between the account being closed and the email addresses being recreated might...

1. Be returned to the sender as un-routable (no such domain)
  2. Be returned to the sender as undelivered (no such addressee)
  3. All be delivered to the default mailbox if catch-all is enabled

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.