Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account failed

FIXED
Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Account failed

I signed up and paid for faster fibre, free phone evening and weekends. The order was cancelled then renewed on 15th November, problem with john Lewis putting a cease on the line. Transfer took place on the 30th but phone not on order? Various messages sent but it seems the problem cannot be fixed. I transferred as I wanted the TV package but this is now not possible. I don't want to cancel but I may have to if this is not resolved. As my account is not yet active I take it the 14 day cooling off has not yet started. I have paid the line rental in advance. Could somebody please phone me and explain what is happening,

Chris vesey 

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Account failed

Sorry, the 14 day cancellation period starts when you sign up, not the go live date.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the issues we've experienced with your account Chris.

For clarity both your phone and broadband service are provided by Plusnet since the order completed.

The issues solely lie between your account and our billing engine, I can see this is in hand with the right people to investigate further and we'll get this resolved as soon as we can. I'm also keeping an eye over this for you.

Once this has been resolved, we'll be able to add TV to your package.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issues and that we can't add it sooner, however if you're looking for BT Sport we can add that on in app form. We just can't add YouView on yet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi, 

Looking at the wording it seems the 14 day cooling off starts from when the contract starts and according to my dashboard the contract hasn't started yet, also the issue over the phone has yet to be resolved which prevents me ordering the TV service which is why I transferred in the first place. I really don't want to cancel as the broadband is working fine, the phone is working (how) and the TV package is exactly what I want, hoping they can find a work around soon 🤞

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris.

The cooling off period for 14 days begins from the day after the account is created.

While your phone line is provided by Plusnet on the supplier systems, the issue lies with the billing side of things on your account, which is unfortunately stopping us from ordering YouView for you.

I do sincerely apologise for the issues we're encountering with your account. We'll get this sorted for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Fix

Thanks 😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi, 

It would seem that although closed my John Lewis account was still live on the system, I have been assured that this will be put right today, hopefully this will clear the problem on my account? 😊

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris.

We're aware of the issues and we're working to get them sorted as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet