cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account details Address incorrect

JJM
Grafter

Account details Address incorrect

I'm awaiting move of Broadband and Phone from BT to Plusnet on 18 December and have received the Welcome to Plusnet letter.

However, I notice there is a problem with the address.

This was auto filled by the Plusnet postcode / select an address system during ordering.

There does not seem any option for myself to correct this within the 'My account', 'Manage Account', 'Account details' section.

The property name is correct.

The village name is missing. This is the problem.
In it's place the postal town has been wrongly duplicated. This needs correcting to the village name.

The postal town is correct.

The county is correct.

The postcode is correct.

The correct address is as shown for the property name, village, postal town, and postcode as per Royal Mail:
https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

Can Plusnet kindly correct this.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Account details Address incorrect

I would not worry about it. My Plusnet address details are a scrambled version of the Royal Mail version and that has not caused any problem

Dave

JJM
Grafter

Thanks @daveplus for taking the time to reply.

Two examples of how this is a real issue that requires to be resolved:

1: It is a legal requirement that data held is accurate, up to date and rectified when in error.

2: It is preventative to usage as a Utility Bill for the purpose of Identity Verification as is increasingly required by financial institutions and others, simply because the address is wrong.

The purpose of the Plusnet postcode / select an address system auto filled form from a Postcode Address File or similar is to ensure addresses are correct and without error.

Whether or not Plusnet correct the underlying issue to prevent recurrence is one matter. It is probably the case the system does work on many addresses and there are other addresses such as those without a street name, but a village name, that are not populating data fields correctly from the PAF or similar into the Plusnet website.

It should nonetheless be straightforward and simplistic in this instance for Plusnet to just correct the village name by editing the account details and it would be appreciated if Plusnet did so, and if not, state why not.

I'd really like to get this issue resolved.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @JJM 

I've corrected your address for you now in our database and added more details onto a support ticket you'd be able to view and respond to by logging into your account then going Here.

Hi @daveplus 

I've checked your account too and from what I can see your address is the same as what's on the Royal Mail database.

Can you PM me anything missing or needs correcting?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf for manually editing the address in the account details so that it at least contains the right words when read / displayed, if not in the correct fields, mitigating the issue.

Thanks also for the description of the underlying issue which is as I thought due to the Plusnet system only allowing for House Number / Name, Street Name, Town, County and Postcode, causing an issue and incorrect auto filling for legitimate addresses that do not follow that format, such as in this instance those without a Street Name, that are in a Village or Hamlet.

Obviously however, the actual solution is to fix the problem and update the Plusnet system to properly cater for legitimate addresses so that the issue does not arise in the first instance.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Thanks @Gandalf 

I know that its all there but it is in a strange order. Not a problem at all.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @JJM 

No problem. For the vast majority of addresses, this doesn't cause a problem and post appears to be delivered fine, but hopefully with your Village name now visible there definitely shouldn't be any issues getting your new router from us.

I'm happy to pass feedback on but I can't guarantee this is something we'd be able to easily or quickly fix.

No problem @daveplus 

For the type of address you have, the order it's in seems to be quite common. From experience on the odd occasion that's caused an issue getting the router out, we'd manually correct the order in the hardware dispatch system.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf

The majority of websites don't have the problem and can populate the address correctly. I appreciate your manually mitigating the issue in the interim and passing on the feedback.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @JJM 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet