Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Accidental upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi,

I am moving to a new build property in January and part of the move I asked to be upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra. Unfortunately I have been upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra at my current address and as I found recently with the move to this address the connection is unstable when setup for Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Can my connection be reverted back to Unlimited Fibre until my move to the new address?

Many thanks 

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Accidental upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi @Dan_the_Van I'm sorry to see what has happened. Unfortunately this isn't going to be easy to fix this as your house move order is in progress to transfer your number across to your new address, which means we can't get an order in place to downgrade you at your existing address as there's already an open order showing on your number.

So we can either leave things as they are and hopefully your connection doesn't drop out much until your move date on the 8th January or cancel the house move order, downgrade you and replace the house move order.

If we choose the second option we won't be able to get you up and running at your new address on the 8th as the earliest appointment slot that's showing now is the 9th although this can change as we see a real time appointing system.

Apologies for the hassle we've caused. Can you let me know how you'd want to go ahead? I've also escalated the ticket 197235562 to my own workflow so I can take ownership of this for you too. With either option once your house move has completed I'm happy to offer you a gesture of goodwill for the mess we've made. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi @Gandalf 

Thank you for your reply.

After my last move I think it best if we leave the order as it stands with the install date of 8th January.

Although your system says there is not phone line installed I have been assured by the developers this is not the case, there is a master socket in place inside the property. Others who have moved into the same road have been up and running with both phone and internet on the same day. Can you confirm this will be the case for me?

Many thanks for taking ownership of this case and I wish you seasonal best wishes.

Regards

Dan.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Dan_the_Van 

No problem, I'm happy to confirm that we've placed a simultaneous order this time round so your fibre service is due to go live on the same day as the engineer visit on the 8th. Smiley

I think the developers are referring to the phone line being installed as the infrastructure is all there.

The engineer will likely need to connect a spare line at the distribution point(DP) normally at a pole unless it's underground, to your property. They'll then make their way to the cabinet to activate the fibre service.

Having said that, if you get a dial tone when you plug a phone handset into the master socket this will tell us that the phone line is all working and we'd be able to ask our suppliers to cancel the engineer visit. We'll still need an engineer though to connect the line to the right fibre port at the cabinet, but you won't need to be home on the day.

Although either way I'd personally recommend leaving the engineer visit booked in if it's not too much hassle to hang around for them, because they'll generally modernise your master socket if you don't already have the latest version (5C).

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas 🎅Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet