cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL -> Fibre Extra - Not able to track order?

FIXED
isandunk
Dabbler

ADSL -> Fibre Extra - Not able to track order?

Hi there,

I recently placed an upgrade order with you to upgrade my ADSL to Fibre Extra, on the 25th of Nov. 

My order says pending, but there is no more detail than that, and a message to say my activation is going to happen on the 12th of December. Does activation really take that long?

I have also checked the order tracker page - but it says nothing is in progress? Should I be able see something on that page?

Any information or update would be great (happy to provide more details if you need them), thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL -> Fibre Extra - Not able to track order?

Fix

Hi there,

Fibre order lead times are dependent on engineer availability in each area so in some cases it can be around two weeks as in the case of yours.

Upgrades don't appear on the order tracker as that's just for new activations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
isandunk
Dabbler

Ok, thanks for the info & getting back to me!
isandunk
Dabbler

Hi Adam - would you be able to confirm please that this has all been completed successfully?

I've had a number of emails before yesterday saying the order had been completed (when it wasn't yet activated), but having read around the forum and seen this was a common issue, I waited until today to check.

This morning when I tried to set up my DSL-AC68U, I'm not getting anything to work, despite following many posts on this forum on how to set it up. The log shows "Timeout waiting for PADO packets" repeatedly.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The order is showing as complete. Do have have a fibre router as it doesn't look like you ordered one from us?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
isandunk
Dabbler

Thanks for confirming that.

I have an Asus DSL-AC68U (which is a VDSL2 modem/router), which is why I didn't need the PN router.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Great, just get it set up and you should be good to go! https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@isandunk , be aware that in the link Chris posted, the settings for Fibre do not mention a password whereas the ADSL settings do. You STILL need the password for a Fibre connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

isandunk
Dabbler

Thank you both, I have tried those settings, including the full user name and password, and in the log it is still showing the timeout error that I specified above.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Have you checked this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Asus-DSL-AC68U/td-p/1300123 seems like a firmware update might be as solution...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

isandunk
Dabbler

Thanks MisterW, I did check that thread. As soon as I got the router I updated the firmware to "Version 3.0.0.4.380_3281". There are a couple more recent minor updates available on the Asus driver page, so I will try updating the firmware to one of those, but the device is adamant it's already on the latest version.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Is the DSL synching ?

isandunk
Dabbler

How do I tell if it is syncing?
isandunk
Dabbler

Thanks for linking to the guide Chris. I have set those settings in the router, but still can't connect?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@isandunk wrote:
How do I tell if it is syncing?

Looking at the manual it has a DSL. Led , is it ON ?