Did you mean: 

ACTIVATING YOUR LINE - problems

FIXED
dusan_h
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

ACTIVATING YOUR LINE - problems

Hi Plusnet team,

I hope you can help me with the problem (account : halamka02).  Activation of my Fibre line was on 17/11/2020.  Plusnet Telephone connected at the same time as BT disconnected me, but not fibre. Green  DSL light was flashing on my BT ECI modem whole morning.  OpenReach engineer called in at about 12:00 that he fixed the issue in the street cabinet and yes, DSL green light was stable.....all good.

But he still wanted to test my master socket (I thought he wanted to stretch to an extra hour or something).... he found apparently a problem on my master socket (as other 3 engineers did in the past 10years), disconnected all my extensions and replaced MK3 with MK4 master socket.... all good green light stable still, no change. 

He said all OK, wait a few minutes internet should start.  I thought I would ring Plusnet, since they need to activate it first and send me the email/txt about it. 

I did call Plusnet and since then I am told there is a note from the "Open Exchange" engineer on the order that work is still needed  Huh I am 2 days without broadband and likely another 2 more days I have been told ?

But they couldn't tell me when exactly that message was left.....just thinking that may be some miscommunication, but can't  say for sure.  Previous years engineers complained my wires on the street box are at the bottom and engineers tend to disconnect them by accident and it is hard to connect them - or this may be another excuse how to cover up issues.   

My question for you technical guys, can you please check that message, if it was left after 12:30 ? I  believe all should be sorted now about the line  - since it is stable green  and as I read in other forums you can (Gandalf) activate my account, so I can try to login ?  (I have Asus RT-AC86U +  BT ECI modem.  )  

My router throws CHAP Authentication failed at the moment, so I guess that just my account needs to be activated and perhaps no engineer is needed ?  

I am using PPPoE :  halamka02@plusdsl.net login and my pwd used to login to PN account portal, so it is valid. 

Apart from login/pwd I didn't change any router settings I used for BT Fibre, so all should work, I hope. 

Thank you

Dusan

2 REPLIES 2
dusan_h
Dabbler

Re: ACTIVATING YOUR LINE - problems

Fix

Hello 

I had another engineer over and apparently the lines were not connected to the right port by a previous engineer. He performed a test  with his "router"(the previous engineer didn't) and it syncs.  

Can you please see if you can now activate my account ? 

Thank you

Dusan

dusan_h
Dabbler

Re: ACTIVATING YOUR LINE - problems

broadband started working @15:10  19/11/2020