cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!

Peterw058
Dabbler

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!

Ordered unlimited fibre approx three weeks ago, was advised all will be live by 15th November which was fine, received a text today that phone service is now live then a later email that broadband is also ready to go. One major problem no router has been received, on checking order status it originally said the order has not been placed, despite this I have been told it was posted at the end of October, so is the computer wrong or am I blatantly being lied too. Was then told we will order you another router that will be delivered in 3 to 5 days, tried to explain that this is not satisfactory but that landed on deaf ears

I have now been on the phone to Plusnet for in excess of two hours most of this being on hold!! I assume that I will be left on hold until closing time when the call will be disconnected. 

Come on  Plusnet it’s time to standby the claims you make and at least speak to your customers, you know those people that you take money off twice even before service is live or equipment is sent out, I take it that you can trace my contact details from this post

4 REPLIES 4
bpearce

Re: ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!

I'm in the same situation - pleased to hear I'm not the only one!

I ordered on 22 October and my line was activated on 5 November. I received an email saying that the router had been posted on 1 November which didn't arrive. Another was then supposedly posted on 8 November which also hasn't arrived. I'm now trying to get in touch to request a third router which I've been told will be posted by recorded delivery...

All in all a pretty awful first experience of the company. Best of luck getting through!

Peterw058
Dabbler

**UPDATE**

After over two hours and forty minutes on the phone this evening I have eventually given up as the words “we are sorry to keep you waiting” have beaten me!

I will take this further as the whole situation is unacceptable and should not be allowed to happen, maybe Plusnet should spend more time and money on their customer service and less on their marketing budget and give customers what they say they will 

Goodbye Plusnet 

Peterw058
Dabbler

Still no contact from PN regarding this which is more annoying than not having any home internet. As I have not used their service as I am unable to I shall cancel the subscription and my direct debit and choose another supplier, yes it may take a bit longer to get reconnected but looking at the amount of complaints on here it is probably not going to take much longer if any! As to receiving a refund for the two payments already made I guess I will have to fight for that but fortunately being in the legal profession I will have this on my side.
Good luck to one and all in getting your issues resolved with this what was once a good provider.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Peterw058 I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had. I can confirm the router has been ordered and we'll get that to you as soon as possible. If you can let us know once you've received it we'd be happy to look at a gesture of goodwill

@bpearce I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received any of the routers.  I can see a colleague of mine is monitoring this for you and will update you when they know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team