cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week after order and still no activation date or router order

becksina

A week after order and still no activation date or router order

Hi, 

I ordered Plusnet last Thursday 1st April on the day I moved home. When I originally signed up there was no activation date but I just assumed it'll be the usual 2 weeks. Over a week in and there is still no activation date and no router has been ordered. I had a text to say my phone line would be active on Monday but nothing once again about my broadband. I've tried to call every other day but can never get through, on the one occasion I did get through (Wednesday) I was told there'd been a cease on the line and that I would get an activation date the day after - 4 days later and still no date. 

I'm currently having to take time off as we are working from home which we are obviously unable to do, but now that my leave is coming to an end I'm being asked when I'll be returning to work, and cannot give a date, because Plusnet are unable to give me one. Is there any way to get an update on when the router will be ordered and when the broadband will be activated? I couldn't care less about the phone line as we don't even own a phone to plug in. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: A week after order and still no activation date or router order

I was told there'd been a cease on the line and that I would get an activation date the day after

If there's a cease on the line by the existing provider, then no other provider can place any orders. Once the cease has completed, then the quickest way to provide, is to get the phone activated, which is usually done within 24 hrs, then place the broadband order. Attempting to place simultaneous orders for broadband and phone usually takes longer. The downside of separate orders is that you dont get an activation date for broadband until the phone has been activated and the bb order placed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

becksina

Re: A week after order and still no activation date or router order

Thanks. The cease ended earlier this week so is it looking like another 2 week wait if the broadband isn’t even ordered yet? At this point I’ll need to make arrangements to find somewhere else to work