cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A month since I signed up and still no connection date.

PNROCH
Hooked

A month since I signed up and still no connection date.

Nearly 3 weeks ago I received my hub, after speaking to an operative on the phone.  I was advised orders were 2 weeks behind ... now a month since I signed up and still no connection date.

8 REPLIES 8
cooney1987
Grafter

Re: A month since I signed up and still no connection date.

That's shocking but not surprising.  I'm currently two weeks after being given a connection date for a home move that has never materialised.  Multiple failed promises and don't seem capable of fixing this.  Terrible service here and I've little faith that they will resolve this based on others' experiences here on the forum.

PNROCH
Hooked

I phoned Plusnet on 09 December re. this issue, the adviser was very helpful and said he would place the order again to heighten awareness - he blamed the automated system.  On my webpage I received a "Ticket" explaining what he had done and what should happen.  Then just after midnight this morning, another ticket saying that the Ticket from 09 Dec would be replaced as I already had a ticket from 07 November relating to my order.!!  So does this mean I am back to square one ???!

PNROCH
Hooked

Better news this morning from Adam at Plusnet - my connection is scheduled for 23 December. 

Hope fully things will go to plan and we will get a good result.

cooney1987
Grafter

I don’t want to be a downer but I’ve been given three connection dates and plusnet have failed to follow through on this each time. I’m astounded by their incompetence. I wouldn’t hold out on you getting connected at this date. I’ve lost all faith in this company now. Three weeks on from my initial proposed connection date and I’m stuck in the blame game between plusnet and openreach with no sign of a resolution.
PNROCH
Hooked

Well midnight on the 23rd December has come and gone - and no service set up, despite my previous text received which CONFIRMED 23 Dec for my switch.  No communication from Plusnet either, re. what has gone wrong   Now what ??!

JmeHaich

Good luck my friend, I'm in the same boat as you and was given the same promise.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@cooney1987 wrote:
I don’t want to be a downer

Neither would I like to add to it but I must admit my re-connection and conversion to Fibre (from ADSL) went through 100%. Admittedly it was a business line and a different ISP but it did show Openreach are working well.Thumbs_Up

In reality I feel your pain. And all before Christmas. Have a good one.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
PNROCH
Hooked

Suddenly today a reply from one of the Staff team and emails to confirm the setup of my phone and Broadband plus confirmation of cancellation from my previous provider.  All seems positive at the moment.