cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little concerned

FIXED
bimwhoop

A little concerned

I'm just a bit worried about an order I placed last week still saying your order is currently being processed. I have two friends who claimed they had everything confirmed within a few days for all the connection stuff. Sorry about my tech language I'm a bit old fashioned.

I came here looking for information from others on timescale. Having read all the nightmare stories from others complaining I feel like I've made a huge mistake. However I have seen how amazing the moderators on this forum have been at resolving issues.

So I was hoping someone could just check everything is going to plan and I could get some dates to go in the calendar for things to happen. My kids feel like they are in the dark ages with no Internet at the moment. I'm finding it quite liberating.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: A little concerned

Fix

Thanks for your post @bimwhoop 

I'm sorry for the lack of updates regarding your order. I've looked into this for you and I can see the existing provider of the line at your property was in the process of stopping the active services that completed yesterday.

We couldn't get the order in place with our suppliers until that had happened. I've now placed the order to reactivate the phone line and provide fibre broadband on the line, which should take around 14 days.

We won't need to arrange an engineer to visit you, but we will need an engineer to carry out external work so we'll confirm your activation date once we've received confirmation from our suppliers of a date they'd plan to fulfill this.

We'll post your new router out to you a bit closer towards your activation date, you should receive this just in time.

Sorry again there's not been much in the way of communication so far. Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bimwhoop

Thank you for the quick response. I knew it would be something like that.

You all seem so helpful on these forums. Much easier than ringing up. Keep up the good work.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post back @bimwhoop

No problem. Hopefully all goes through smoothly from this point on

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet