Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different ADSL FILTER?

FIXED
Cekjames20091
Fixes: 1

A different ADSL FILTER?

So we finally got our router today,

Plugged it into our single phone line with the ADSL FILTER, wasnt picking up broadband, managed to finally get through to tech support, told us to unscrew the cover and plug it into the back (I asked if he meant the back of the cover and he said yes) so with very short wires and abit of wiggling, we managed to get the cable around and tried plugging it in backwards, it doesnt fit.

After explaining that it doesnt fit he said we would have to go on amazon prime and "order a bunch" to find one that does (which is a joke as I have no internet and have had to dish out £30 now for extra mobile data)... or if we had a poundland near us, I asked if plusnet could provide one and he said we would get the same ADSL FILTER sent out so there was no point.

So I said basically I have to try and find an ADSL filter which I have no knowledge about to try and fit into the back of this and then phone you back, he said yes. I said fantastic.

Yet the previous tenant who was with EE had the same ASDL FILTER attachment and his worked just fine? I think I may just cancel my sign up and get my money refunded.
4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: A different ADSL FILTER?

There may be some confusion here. The test socket is illustrated here -

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

There shouldn't be any need to plug in anything backwards.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Cekjames20091

I said this, theres only one way the filter can go it cant be turned and plugged in backwards but was told to search amazon and poundland for a different one and once I'd googled I'd realised there isnt any different ones, I personally think I've been fobbed off by the tech guy Ryan I believe he was called ...
Cekjames20091

Fix
Problem solved!

We didnt realise we weren't using the Master phone line and instead had it plugged into a smaller one (moved into a new house) had a lovely customer rep get us onto Abdul I believe he was called who was extremely helpful and patient and both of them confirmed from the recording that we were indeed fobbed off by the previous tech support.

We also received a call back from Shane who was chasing up our problem for us and will be passing the recording onto his manager - looking back at it "plug it in backwards" had us smacking our head and laughing at how we didnt realise but at the time and for other customers I can definately sympathise the frustration
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Obviously some extra training required! Glad to hear it's sorted.  🙂

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)