cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 prepaid mastercard

rosie1

£75 prepaid mastercard

I switched to Plusnet in June, paid for a year's broadband up front, and was meant to receive an email 10 days after activation with instructions on how to claim a £75 prepaid mastercard.

Over two weeks since activation and I have not received an email. I called the number listed on this page https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

They advised me that they are the third party - called Grassroots - who administers the emails and this deal, and that I had no email as plusnet had not yet passed my details to them.

They advised me to contact plusnet but the live chat isn't working and i can't get through on the phones - help?

19 REPLIES 19
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: £75 prepaid mastercard

Hi there.

We've checked your account and from what we can see you didn't sign up on a cashback deal.

Did you sign up through a 3rd party such as Quidco or TopCashback?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rosie1

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did not sign up through quidco, but through moneysavingexpert. When the page loaded there was a photo of the guy on the advert and a sign saying £75 cashback. I definitely went through the link on moneysavingexpert and not through the main site.

rosie1

Hi, so I still can't get through on the phone, and the livechat still doesn't work

Am I just to assume that no one is going to bother replying to me here either?

Not a good start as a customer AngryAngry

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @rosie1 

I've asked a colleague to look into this further and I'll update your account when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rosie1

Hi there,

Can you let me know a timescale for when there may be an update on this? I have just tried the chat and phone again but have not been able to get through on either.

If you're not sure of the timescale can you please advise me of your complaints process? It doesn't seem right to advertise a deal and get me signed up on that promotion and then pretend like I didn't sign up through it when I did Sad 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The link to the complaints process is in the footer of every forum page.  I've copied it in this reply if it helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Laylee

It's now been 19 days since I went live with the broadband system and have
yet to receive the promised email ("within 10 days") detailing how I get
the prepaid MasterCard.

Any comments/ideas?

Aileen

rosie1

Hey Aileen

I've been trying to speak to plusnet about this for a month now and the replies on this thread show you how far I've got Sad it's all feeling a bit like a scam really, and plusnet don't care once they've got us locked into contracts

My next step is to make a complaint, and if the complaint goes nowhere try and take it to the ombudsman - total pain in the neck but I have limited income and £75 is actually quite a lot of money to me Sad
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Aileen.

I'm sorry you haven't received the email yet. If you send your username by private message I can look into this and get an update for you.

Thanks.

Laylee

Hi Rosie

Yes it all feels a little disjointed. I've had a response from one of the staff. So I'll see how it goes.

I think if you've had no satisfaction after a month then I'd use the complaints procedure. 

Good luck and keep us all up to speed.

Laylee

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @rosie1.

From what I can see your signup has tracked through TopCashback.

If you definitely went through MoneySupermarket it's likely to be due to the cookies on the device you were using.

Do you have an account with TopCashback?

@Laylee, while we can see that you're eligible for cashback directly through us, your account isn't showing on Grassroots which is our cashback suppliers system so I've emailed our cashback guys in our billing team now to add you to the Grassroots tracker which means we'll either send you the email to claim the reward or just send it out without you needing to claim it.

Should know more within 5 working days and I'll update you when I've got a reply back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cathyb123
Hooked

Hi im having the same problems with plus net about my mastercard and ive called loads of times and got nowhere at all its now starting to really annoy the living daylights out now, I was going to leave and join sky then got a better deal staying cos have been with plusnet for years and years. They offered me £100 PRE paid and still nothing so hope it gets fixed cos its june i got the order and the router the lot arrived later than switch on to me as well. not a great experience from customer service too.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @cathyb123

I am truly sorry for the delays in receiving your cashback, I understand that this must be frustrating.

I have had a look at your account and can see that there is a ticket regarding this that you can view here

If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch

cathyb123
Hooked

Yes but i still havent recived it yet.. how long am i supposes to wait ?