£75 cashback - no confirmation

FIXED
LampLighters
Hooked

Re: £75 cashback - no confirmation

Hi,

I have received the reply which is as follows:

Dear Mrs Shrestha,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Our Marketing team have come back to us, and confirmed that there was no cashback offer available on your order. Apologies for the confusion, however if you have any further questions please contact us.

Kind regards,

Ryan Davies

This is absolutely not fair and false marketing to attract customer. The ad was clearly showing that I get £75 pre-paid card upon sign up which I did and all I get now is nothing which is making my monthly broadband cost higher than other provider. I was thinking it's only me but found that Plusnet has been cheating many of their customer from this cash back offer after reading the same story on this forum. This is absolutely cheating and really really not happy with the service received. I am not going to ever coming back to Plusnet again and never ever going to recommend any one.

Thank you for your poor service.

battenburg

Hi there,

I'm in a similar situation, so hopefully someone can help me out on this thread rather than me starting a new one (please let me know if it would be preferable for me to start a new one and I will!).

I signed up to switch provider to Plusnet last weekend, going with a deal advertised on Money Saving Expert which included £75 cashback.

I'm pretty sure the deal advertised on the MSE website said that the cashback would be triggered automatically, which sounds like the email that is being described in this thread. However, I've realised that none of the documentation I've received so far makes reference to the cashback (or at least that I can see). The deal has now ended and unfortunately I did not get a screenshot so I can't cross reference.

I'd like confirmation that my order definitely includes cashback, because if something has gone astray then I will end up in a 12 month contract paying quite a bit more than I expected. I contacted Plusnet customer service via the online chat earlier today and was told that Plusnet would have no record of this at their end and I needed to claim it through MSE - I don't think that this is what the deal stated and I cannot obviously see where to claim on the MSE website. If Plusnet have no record, how will they automatically send an email 10 days after the broadband is activated?

I'd really like to confirm this because I still have an opportunity to cancel the order at the moment - if I wait until after the service is activated then I could be stuck at a higher price and one of the main reasons for switching was because of the cashback lowering my overall cost.

Please could someone from Plusnet confirm what I should do?

battenburg

Can't work out how to edit the post above, but I've now started a new thread specifc to my query so no need for a response here.

LampLighters
Hooked

Hi,

If you have still option to cancel than I would suggest you to cancel it as Plusnet is not going to offer that cashback as advertised in MSE.

LampLighters
Hooked

I haven't got my cash back which I sign up couple of months before and all they say now is they are unable to track it. I would suggest you to make sure about the cash back.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @LampLighters

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry for the issues you have experienced with your cashback enquiry.

I have have responded to your query on another form of social media and have attached the same ticket for you to view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get back in touch.

LampLighters
Hooked

Plus net keep saying the cash back couldn't be tracked and I think it's the fault from the Plus net side and Unfortunately we can't do any thing once the broadband goes live. All we can do is wait till the contract end period. Any one thinking to claim their cash back with Plus net , BE AWARE!

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I have replied to the ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

jbur1ace

I signed up for the standard broadband Plusnet £75 cash back deal with Broadband Choices through Topcashback.  My £30 Broadband Choices cash back tracked and is currently pending on my Topcashback account.  I have however not had any confirmation through email of the £75 Plusnet cash back.

Please could you confirm that I will be getting this £75 Plusnet cash back?

I also realise that it can't be applied for until the broadband is activated but I would like written confirmation by email that my order includes the £75 cashback offer.

Looking forward in hearing from you soon.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @jbur1ace, I believe TopCashBack's T&C's state that their cashback would not be valid and cannot be claimed in conjunction with other cashback offers (From Plusnet or any other affiliates), the same is advised in our own T&C's.

Looking at the account, it has tracked with a £75 cashback offer so you should receive a redemption email within 10 working days of the first service on the account going live, and once you've completed and submitted the redemption form, you should receive the cashback within 30 days.

Having said this, it's likely any other cashback offer will ultimately be declined.

EDIT: I've also copied your post and my response on to your account Here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
zonecrew
Dabbler

Hi
I am also due £75 cheque cashback from Plusnet as per the offer on your website. To date I have had no email to claim this cashback, it has been 17 days since my service went live. Your terms and conditions say it should be received after ten days. Please can someone look into this for me and send me an email to claim the cashback reward ASAP
Thanks
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @zonecrew

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have updated your account with further information which can be viewed here.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

zonecrew
Dabbler

I signed up direct on your website when Plusnet had the offer on £18.99 a month with no activation fee and £75 cashback. Surely its not too difficult for Plusnet to trace when this deal was live? I look forward to a quick solution to this.
I am beginning to question whether I made the correct decision moving to Plusnet, I have had nothing but hassle so far and I have only been signed up for 3 weeks....
zonecrew
Dabbler

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @zonecrew, thanks for providing that info. I have created a ticket on the account here.