Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 weeks til connection, ridiculous!

FIXED
Willdoyou1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

7 weeks til connection, ridiculous!

Ordered and paid line upfront on 21st Nov 2019. I ring plusnet in december to see whats happening as heard nothing. They apologise, send a router and say you'll have connection in a few days.

First they blamed my old supplier for the delay then the engineer.

Keep being told they'll escalate.. yeah escalate the delay.

Now my connection date is 9th Jan.

I am in greater london, property had a phone line and broadband before the switch.

Plusnet offered the 4 quids or so refunds of monthly broadband.. pathetic. CS is adamant not to deal or take complaint or talk about compensation. They keep saying will deal with that later. I am not being heard and their CS training sucks. I am talking to robots.

I asked whether they will refund cost of data or provide me with a dongle or something, no actual answer to that.

Internet is an essential service. When your heating or water is down providers step up and provide you with something to cope with the inconvenience..but oh no not plusnet.

It has been the worst ever switching experience.

CS talks in jargon, giving vague robotic answers. I know they dont care but could at least pretend to empathise?!

I want to know if anyone else experiencing this as well? I want to know what i can do about internet loss during this time? I have nearly used up all my mobile data allowance which wont be renewed until 2nd jan.

I wish i hadn't switched to this awful provider.
18 REPLIES 18
CM1973

Re: 7 weeks til connection, ridiculous!

I’m in a similar situation. Signed up on November 27th, first payment taken on 28th November but still got no broadband or an activation date. The three times I’ve actually managed to get through to speak to someone  I’ve just been fobbed off. According to the website “switching to plusnet is a doddle” - a total joke ! 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Willdoyou1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear of your provisioning experience and appreciate you getting in touch. Please accept my apologies for the delays you have described.

From what you're describing the likelihood is that the date you have been given is according to engineer availability in your area, at this time of year the Christmas break does mean installation dates are longer than usual. Our Provisioning Department is closed today for Christmas as are our suppliers Openreach so I'm unable to get the information you need today, however I'm back in tomorrow from 09:00 and I will be chasing this up for you.

I'll also make sure a complaint is raised and I will have more information when I come back to you tomorrow.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please come back to me.

Thanks - LF

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @CM1973

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened.

I can see you've decided to cancel with us and go elsewhere.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and we wish you all the best with your new provider

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Still no internet switched 21st nov

The worst ever service. Horrid customer service. Avoid at all costs.
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Fix
Update No internet still. Switched 21st nov.
Spent so much data on phone waiting. Finally they agree to refund costs which i asked for in december and was refused.

Horrid customer service. Avoid at all costs. What i have spent on data 80+ quids is non refundable. I tried to discuss this with plusnet but they kept saying oh you need to discuss this when X calls you. Awful service. Plusnet delete this if you want its all been screenshotted and will be posted on social media. Happy new year
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Topics merged for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

How you getting on?
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Nobody asked you to merge. Are you hiding it?Huh
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Matthew are you being a wind up???
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Right i got you cancellation email, what a waste of time dealing with you was. You could hqve done this LAST MONTH. When will you refund my 200+ quids? Or will i have to chase you for that, too? Such a scam.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Willdoyou1 wrote:
Nobody asked you to merge. Are you hiding it?Huh

Not hiding anything @Willdoyou1. Just keeping your posts in one place for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

To be fair see plusnet trust pilow reviews, 5k+ review, 83% rated plusnet as bad, specifically look at the reviews of their customer service how rude they are. 😂🤣 "plusnet, we'll do you one"
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Still no internet switched 21st nov

Hi,

I am sorry to read of the experience you've had.

I've now addressed your concerns via a ticket on your account. You can view and respond to the ticket here.

Thanks!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Willdoyou1
Dabbler

Re: Still no internet switched 21st nov

As an update, I still have not received my refund from Plus Net. I should have been refunded in January and we are now in June.