7 week delay on order - Question #139009109

FIXED
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 7 week delay on order - Question #139009109

Hi there,

I haven't heard anything further so I will need to chase this up.

I'll drop you an update as soon as I can before the end of the day.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker Still waiting for yesterday's updateSad

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I really didn't get the chance to yesterday.

I've just added an update to the open ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just a quick update to let you know that I've had a response by email letting me know the review date has been brought forward to the 24th. I know ti's not much but I'll get straight on this again on Friday for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@adamwalker Hoping for the next update soon, there are now two sets of planned roadworks immediately outside Hereford exchange, one seems to be the same as what was scheduled for the 14th Feb so that presumably didn't happen. What is worrying is that a poster on another forum suffering from this problem on another affected cabinet was quoted an estimated delay of 9 weeks from the 8th of Feb which would be around the middle of April. I am not at all impressed with this extended delay and the lack of useful information from your supplier!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm chasing this now so I'll drop you an update on the ticket shortly.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm pleased to tell you the latest update I've just been given is

"Hi Adam,

We can see that the order is now committed for 21/03/2017 and we have now expedited this order for 25/02/2017 am slot"

This would imply that the cabling has been done and they've expedited the completion date of the order which is really pleasing.

I won't assume this is resolved just yet and will check back in with you on Monday to see if anything needs to be followed up on.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@adamwalker  Well that was a surprise, I was out on Saturday and my ADSL connection was down when I got home so connected up my VDSL2 modem and I am now on FTTC with more or less full sync speeds (79987Mbps down / 19999Mbps up). I am probably the first connection on the cab so hope the speeds stay that way when more users are connected. I had to call support on Sunday morning as my throughput speed had not increased and they corrected my profile so I am now getting around 73.5 Mbps download speed, can't complain about that. Some of my computer gear will need upgrading to cope with the speed increase!

It seems odd that the fibre cabling problem had been fixed but the original committed date was several weeks away, but they expedited the order, after such a long wait it was the least they could do! 

I am very grateful for your help in chasing this and keeping me in the picture, I knew it would be sorted eventually, the only other thing is that I have been paying for Unlimited Fibre Extra since my billing date on the 29th November 2016. So three months payments although the amounts are not large as I have a good deal for the fibre but some adjustment would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me and I'm really pleased to see this has been resolved.

I can definitely arrange some adjustment to your billing for that. I'll arrange that now and do please feel free to hit the thanks button and the "this fixed my problem" button.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team