cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7+ months wait for installation - completely unacceptable.

Pmansfield91
Hooked

7+ months wait for installation - completely unacceptable.

First posted here 09/08/18 after 7 weeks of waiting for my order to be completed, and here we are, months later, still with nothing to show for it.

Original thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Major-delays-in-my-order-being-completed-Is-this-normal/m-p/1...

We put in our order for a home move all the way back in mid June 2018. We were seen by 3 different engineers over a week long period from the start of July 2018. The result of all of this was that they identified that there was an issue with the cabling outside, we had a signal running 70m out towards our cabinet, and then it cuts out. Weeks upon weeks later, this issue has been messed around with, being passed between the provisioning department and faults department with no one doing anything about it. (To staff members reading, refer to ticket 177974770 - Update on Tuesday July 24th 7:26pm)

Some months on from this, with near uncountable times of being told that we were going to be live on X date, only to have that date sail past us with no explanation yet again, it was decided that to get this line working, we'd need a dig team out and the road closed. So begins another 4 months of wait time for the road closure and dig team to get out to us. The date for this work was arranged on January 13th.

Lo and behold, January 13th arrives, I have 2 full vans of Highways Agency men sat outside, waiting for BT to show up to get this work done. But BT never showed up. I've asked repeatedly for Plusnet to chase this up and get a reason for me as to why BT didnt show up. I don't know if you lot just dont speak to each other, but this reason STILL hasn't arrived.

A few days later, (January 15th) I recieve an update, which confused me to say the least:

"Thank you for getting back to us.

We've been advised that the work is being carried out and using a 3rd party website called www.roadworks.org we can see that this is currently being carried out today to resolve the issue. As soon as we have a further update we'll let you know"

Obviously, I do the natural thing, and check this Third party website around 5 minutes after this update arrived. I see no roadworks on it, in or around the area I live in. But maybe these BT guys work at a blinding speed, so I went out to check anyway. No sign of ANY work, ANYWHERE.

At this point I feel like I'm entitled to start getting an bit angry at the way my fault is being treated, when I've now essentially been told that the way this is being monitored is by someone looking at what essentially amounts to a route planner, and guessing whats going on when they see roadworks. So I phone up, and for the 3rd time, I request someone of the escalation team that's dealing with my fault, or any other manager who can answer the questions I have, to give me a call. I'm told someone will be calling me tomorrow.

Big shock, no one called. 3 times I've been told someone will call me, 3 times someone hasn't now. Is this managements idea of customer service?

It now gets even worse though. On Friday 18th January, I recieve the following update:

"Thanks for your patience.

Our suppliers have advised that the line plant work is now complete and an engineer will be going to the cabinet to complete the order today. We'll put this on hold until Monday to check to see if this has been done"

Obviously, I'm sceptical, as I've been told that digging work was needed, and no digging work has been done at all yet. but about an hour later, I have an Openreach engineer call me, saying he needing to come do some cabling work. The engineer arrives, and gets to work. He does a line test, which, remember that 70m the line went in July 2018?, yep, still only goes 70m. This means that not only has the line plant work not been completed, it's not even been STARTED.

This engineer is completely baffled by what's been going on, as the 70m reach places the fault directly under the manholes next to the cabinet, indicating it's the wires connected in there. This engineer said that unless something real odd is going on, all it should take is clipping the wires over to a working line in the manhole, and we're done. Frankly, I do trust his word too, as when my neighbours moved in, they had the SAME ISSUE. Only they went with BT as their ISP, and this same engineer did exactly what he'd just theorised was wrong with my line, to theirs. Amazingly, this worked, no 4 months of waiting dig work they might not even need to be done. No months of messing around with depertments within Plusnet.

Once again, I rang up to question what was being done, to be promised yet another phonecall, at 17:45 that day, when the member of the escalation team would 100% call me. Once again, they didn't. 4 for 4.

I've added quite a lengthy comment onto my account in regards to this, essentially saying how fed up I am with this entire mess. The engineer has passed on his number and expects to hear from you lot on my behalf to explain what he wants to do to fix this. Along with that comment, I've stated that unless I have a proper answer, from someone that actually knows what they're doing by Monday, then I'll be taking this to the Ombusman, Ofcom, Ofgen, whatever services will take action against this appaling display of service. But, no one has responded, so I guess no one works weekends at Plusnet that can answer this?

This has gone on far to long, cost me a lot in lost income, in bills i'm paying for service I'm not recieving, and frankly I've had enough. I have never had to put up with such a degree of apathy from a company I'm paying for a service.

I do not know if anything will even get done by posting this here, but I've reached the point of this mess where I intend to gain traction in a public domain to demonstrate just how awful Plusnet and BT have been throughout this.

Hopefully the engineer is right, and something simple can be done to remedy this. But that will honestly leave me with just as many questions regards the delays.

Regards, a very angry customer.

4 REPLIES 4
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: 7+ months wait for installation - completely unacceptable.

Hello @Pmansfield91,

I am deeply sorry for the experience you have had with your order, This is not the level of service we aim to provide and is certainly not in keeping with our values.

I can not apologise enough for the length of time it is taking to get this resolved and can assure you we really do wish to have you connected as quickly as possible.

I can see that Matt from my team has been communicating with our supplier on this and I have emailed him to chase this with the when he is in the office tomorrow.

I will also personally speak to him when I am in the office at 10:30 am to ensure this has been picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Pmansfield91
Hooked

Seeing as I'm still waiting for the promised call from him that was meant to happen on Friday, one that he himself apparantly set the time for, I won't hold my breath.

There's alot of imformation on the update I added to my main ticket, so hopefully that can be read and atleast some of it actioned.

Pmansfield91
Hooked

Still awaiting todays update in regards to the supposed "working" net I should now have. Is there any confirmation that this has been picked up today?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the delayed response. 

I am chasing this up for you and I've passed the details you've added onto the ticket to our suppliers so they can advise further.

As soon as we have a firm update I'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team