cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 cash back?

bill59

£50 cash back?

hi cash back big signs on plusnet website so signed up got welcome letter with user name paid lot of money up front nothing mentioned about cash back if a website is using enticements why are they not mentioned in the welcome email do they follow through with payment or do you have to contact the ombudsman for advice if something is advertised does that come under trade description act

11 REPLIES 11
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: £50 cash back?

Welcome to the forum

Taken from here; https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/#how-to-claim

How do I claim my Plusnet Rewards?
If you've signed up to a cashback or Multi-Choice voucher offer, you can claim your Plusnet Reward in just a few easy steps:

You'll get an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive your Plusnet Reward email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.
Open the email and click on the link - it's valid for two months from the date we sent it. You'll then be directed to an online form. Fill in your details into this form and then click 'submit'.
You'll then see a confirmation screen - your Plusnet Reward is on its way!
You should receive your reward within 30 days of receiving confirmation it's on its way. It will be sent either via post or email, depending on the type of reward.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @bill59.

I've checked your account and at the time when you signed up, we don't appear to have had any cashback offers against our Fibre packages. As far as I can see, there is no cashback due on your account.

Did you sign up directly through our website?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bill59

i know what i saw on your plusnet website but when i made the order i started on line but then phoned to make the order as i had a query about the 300 international calls

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@bill59 wrote:

i know what i saw on your plusnet website

I'll chase this up with our Marketing team, however our records for cashback offers don't show any fibre cashback offers at the time you signed up. The only cashback offers showing on the list at the time you signed up were against ADSL packages.

@bill59 wrote:

but then phoned to make the order

Did you discuss cashback on the call at all? Generally when we advertise cashback online, these are online offers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
csutherland13

Yeah unfortunately what their website says never seems to be the actual case. Everytime I log into my account I get a message about my service and what happens next but apparently that is false, yet there it is everytime I log in. Like unless I looked into it rather than just go by what they say and advertise when signing up I may have noticed that what they advertise is false

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@bill59 - I've listened to your sales call, and no cashback was discussed. Huh Unfortunately, in light of this we won't be able to provide you with cashback. Apologies for any disappointment caused.

@csutherland13 - Sorry to hear that, mind PMing me a copy of the message you receive?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abdqad87

Hello,

I have a similar query, I was promised a £50 cash back when I subscribed on the 6th of September, but I haven't been sent an email even though my service has been up and running for more than 10 days.

Would you look into this for me please? 

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there @abdqad87

It doesn't look like your account was signed up under a cashback offer however from reviewing your account I have decided to escalate this to our marketing team to review further. We'll be in touch within 5 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@abdqad87

Just to echo on here with what I updated your ticket with. Our Marketing team have advised they will honour your cashback.

We'd expect your ?50 cheque to be delivered to you within 14 days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abdqad87

Thanks for escalating this to your marketing team. I had spoken to one of the marketing team members and she seemed adamant that I do not qualify, which I was really surprised about. 

This is to confirm that I have received the cheque and I have you 'Anoush' to thank for it.

Much appreciated

Abdul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Abdul, glad to be of assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet