cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 weeks to set up fibre broadband? 5 days to respond to support ticket??

lukesully

5 weeks to set up fibre broadband? 5 days to respond to support ticket??

Hello,

Apparently airing troubles on a public forum is the best way to get answers to such questions - at least that's what Googles says...

So I placed my order for a fibre broadband package on the 4th September, was giving the date of the 19th for activation/installation and figured 2 weeks was a fairly acceptable timeframe, especially considering BT Openreach had to be involved.

I received a few emails from Plusnet that day, all fairly generic order stuff, but somehow managed to miss the one saying my activation date had been moved... to the 12th of OCTOBER. Now, I admit that I missed this, and would probably have immediately cancelled the order had I not, but unfortunately I did only realise the situation on the Friday before the 19th (when I was arranging with the wife who would wait in for the engineer we thought was coming). I spent an hour and 2 minutes on hold, only to have a 6 minute conversation that basically amounted to "Sorry no, we can't say why it was pushed back a further 3 weeks, and it will not be moved"...

I paid almost £80 upfront for the pleasure of having no internet (including a months line rental and broadband subscription that I hope will be refunded), my wife starts her Masters course next week and I have an unanswered support ticket from almost 5 days ago - it's not been the best first impression and to be honest, I regret not saving myself some money and going with Virgin, who could have had us up and running in 5 days.

Hopefully this will provoke a response!

Order no. - BP03166602

Support ticket ID - 134035469

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: 5 weeks to set up fibre broadband? 5 days to respond to support ticket??

Hello. I'm sorry for the delay in us providing your service. I can see that automation placed your order on the 4th September, and we requested your activation to be the 19th.

Our suppliers then pushed this back to the 11th October. This is also a booked appointment to your property for between 8am and 1pm. As the service can go live at any point up to midnight, you were advised the 12th.

I do appreciate that this is over a month since the order was first placed, however it's essentially due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid.

I notice that you have raised a complaint online which should be picked up by our higher level escalations team within 5 working days, but it is unlikely that they will be able to speed things up.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lukesully

A little update.

Turns out that AM appointment for the BT Openreach engineer was in fact a PM slot... So I took 4 hours off work to wait around all morning (4 hours money i'm down too), finally gave up at 1:30pm after spending just under an hour in a phone queue, headed off to work in a foul mood - only to get a call within 20 minutes of being there from the lovely BT chap saying he's at my property.

When I eventually get back home he says he called his manager to make sure the appointment was correct, and also called plus net to say I was given the wrong information (every text, email and even the reply above states AM). He spends all of about 6 minutes doing what he needs to do, wishes me good luck and departs.

I go back to work (another hour down!), and to really top off a bad day I get an email from plus net saying "Unfortunately there has been a delay to your order, we'll contact you again when we have more details"... 

My order had already been pushed back by over a month, you tell me the completely wrong time slot for the appointment, causing me a loss of earnings and an extra 35 miles of diesel, then you really go for the knock-out blow and hit me with another delay. Is there ANY possibility of an explanation as to why? Or an ETA of activation?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm sorry that the engineer turned up in the after noon instead. Looking at the order details again I can confirm that we arranged the appointment for 8am to 1pm with Openreach.

I can see that you reported a fault with us last Friday too, where yesterday a fault engineer has diagnosed the fault to be underground. Our faults team will keep you updated on the progress of the fault. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button