4th Nov Order - no confirmation email, current BT broadband disconnected & Plusnet not active ?!
There seems to be a good few people in a similar boat to myself with no confirmation emails and issues with activation.
Here is my story:
4th Nov 2018
- Ordered Broadband & Phone with £75 Amazon Voucher, signed up online and pre-paid line rental saver.
- No confirmation email
5th Nov 2018
- Contacted Plusnet Live Chat support.
- They confirmed that 'This account has set up correctly, we are just waiting on our provisioning department placing the service orders, then you will notified the activation date.'
- I confirmed my email address & the support person mentioned that the welcome email had not been sent and offered to confirm order details verbally.
- I was told that emails would come in due course and that 10day after activation I would get an email for the Amazon voucher
6th November 2018
- Text from Plusnet to say broadband due to become active on 20th November
- I got a letter from BT saying that broadband would be moving on 19th November, not the phone line?
11th November 2018
Text from Plusnet to say broadband due to become active on 27th November
- A second BT letter informing that Broadband and phone would move on 26th November arrived.
TBH I forgot about the 19th BT letter and (wrongly) assumed all would be done on 26th/27th.
- Broadband disconnected.
- No router from Plusnet arrived, but thats OK - so tried my plusnet dsl details in current BT router but could not connect.
- Phoned customer services (wait of ~40 to 50min) advised it was a provisioning issue and passed onto provisioning queue. The total call lasted 1hour 50mins with no answer from provisioning.
- In parallel, at about the 1 hr 20min mark I went onto live chat.
- Live chat confirmed that:
- - 'the account is not active and i am not able to activate the account due to a system issue' which means
- - 'not able to access the account internal install diary to activate the account'
- - 'the orders have completed but the account is stuck'
I was told I would get more information today by lunchtime but haven't heard anything yet.
I tried phoning but the wait time is 60mins (so that looks like another 2 hour job). Live chat not an option during the day except for sales for some reason... so I thought I'd try on here.
Can any of the form folk have a look at whats happening?
- Hope that Plusnet can activate now (the existing router syncs to DSL when left with default BT login but not with my Plusnet login)
- Contact BT and get ADSL re-instated or
- Am I in limbo land, just wait a week?