cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x false activation dates. This is awful!! Nearly a month since ordering

Milkybadger
Hooked

3x false activation dates. This is awful!! Nearly a month since ordering

Ordered fibre optic and phone 17th March. I was told this would complete latest 31st March. The property was BT previously so just a simple switch.

No broadband on the 31st March so i was told it would complete on 6th April. It did not!

After 3 more days waiting for an update i was told it would complete on 9th April ..... it did not!

Just called plusnet again, cant provide an update on why when how what has happened atall. Back to square 1 still with no broadband.

This is genuinely the worst experience i have had with an ISP and im an ex sky broadband customer! Not to mention the significant lost earnings as i work from home
8 REPLIES 8
Milkybadger
Hooked

New customer - "no route" issue

Hi all

Ordered my phone and broadband over a month ago, we are at failed activation date 6 now, but this time openreach said when testing the line there is "no route".

This makes no sense to me, the previous owner had a phoneline 3 weeks ago, this is a transfer of provider. The plusnet advisor also said he can see phone number for my property....

whats going on? What is the fault it makes no sense.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: New customer - "no route" issue

Moderator's note(s):

Posts merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: 3x false activation dates. This is awful!! Nearly a month since ordering

Hi @Milkybadger, I am sorry for the delays with your order.

I have taken a look at this and it looks like the ticket has been updated with the latest info here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Milkybadger
Hooked

We have just missed activation date number 6!

*sigh*

The ticket says the fault will be fixed within 1 working day... do openreach count a saturday as a working day as its a deskjob task?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Milkybadger 

I'm sorry for the continued delay with your order. From what I can see the order's unfortunately stuck in the supplier system which is preventing your broadband from activating. Openreach's helpdesk raised a formwize to their system support team (ASG, application support group) yesterday afternoon and we were given a review date of tomorrow which suggests ASG may be working over the weekend so this could be resolved before next week. 

Unfortunately Openreach's helpdesk are closed on Sunday's (as well as our provisioning team because their helpdesk is closed) so the earliest we'd be able to chase this up is next week if your order's not completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Milkybadger
Hooked

Thanks for the update.

What is the likelihood of the system working and my broadband being activated automatically if fixed over the weekend without manual intervention being required by plusnet, should this flow through normally still depsite being escalated out of process with openreach?
CinderEla
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. First of all, please accept my apologies for the delays you've experienced and any inconvenience caused. As soon as our suppliers resolve the issues and the order completes in their systems, we get notified, and then you get notified automatically by our systems, first about the phone line, then about the broadband. However, this is still down to our suppliers first completing the orders. We will continue to monitor your account and keep you informed. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. All the best, Ela

Ela
 Plusnet Help Team
Milkybadger
Hooked

So we have just missed commitment date 7 and ive been given commitment date to complete my order number 8.

I do not understand the term 'escalation' everything is apparently escalated and yet the time frames given to me of 48 hours to fix for each task remain the same.

Im also struggling to find anybody within plusnet to take actual ownership of this now ridiculous situation. As i camp out in my car, in a carpark stealing wifi for the 3rd week... 8 hours everyday.

I would like somebody to take real actual accountability to push this through and use a real escalation path with your supplier for a quicker turnaround. 'Escalating' for the 20th time and me still having to wait 48 hours (every task takes the same time? Apparently) for a computer at a desk task is not okay. Real internal escalation please!