cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Activation Date in 4 weeks

catty1978

3rd Activation Date in 4 weeks

Good Afternoon.  I spoke to one of your colleagues on the 7.7.20 the day after our 2nd activation date was supposed to happen as I received a text saying our new activation date was now the 22nd July. I explained that this was no a great situation as we have been without broadband since the 22nd June. Both of us working from home on Skype and Zoom calls and hot spotting off our phones 4G.  He said he would contact OpenReach and try and bring it forward and I was promised an email/text to explain what was happening but I never received any communication.

Please can someone contact me. If we are not activated and online on the 22nd July or sooner I will be cancelling our order and be going to another provider.  I appreciate that we are in strange times but I have seen OpenReach Engineers in the cabinet at the end of our road so I know that they are attending our area.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: 3rd Activation Date in 4 weeks

@catty1978 

Be aware that in order to avoid cancellation charges you have to cancel within 14 days of the date you sign up, not the promised go live day.

All ISPs apart from cable companies and mobile operators use the BT infrastructure and hence Openreach for fibre so if you are waiting for a fibre service then cancelling could well mean further delays.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

catty1978

Re: 3rd Activation Date in 4 weeks

Hopefully it will all be resolved on the 22nd July but that will be nearly 7 weeks (46 days) since I placed my order.