Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 weeks in... No Internet

FIXED
Mcbrad79
Hooked

3 weeks in... No Internet

I recently moved into my flat on the 27th May, on the 28th May I signed up to plusnet because getting Internet in was the most important thing. So far 3 weeks later and still no Internet, today is my activation day but it isn't up yet. I had the engineer in to sort the phone line over a week ago (a requirement from plusnet) someone had forgot to post my router but that eventually arrived. Had mixed messages telling me my order had been cancelled, that I was going to have a direct debit taken on 15th June (when my first bill isnt due till july) i am honestly so disappointed that it can take 3 weeks to set up an Internet service. I would have been better using the BT local hotspot, would have been £80 cheaper and I would have had it from day 1
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: 3 weeks in... No Internet

Are you ok to check if you can get online for me in 10 minutes?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mcbrad79
Hooked

Hiya Matty, I've just switched on my router just now, currently same issue - broadband light flashing but I guess it could take a few minutes
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me.

In essence, your order completed this morning, but the account hadn't activated from our side. As you know, your order went off the beaten track a little bit.

Now your account has been activated, there shouldn't be anything stopping you from getting online, so it may just be a case of router setup.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

Mcbrad79
Hooked

Thank you for looking into this for me Matty, it appears to be working now except it only works when I plug it directly into the ADSL port and not through the microfilter as directed in the set up instructions
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nice one, though the issue with the microfilter sounds odd.

Could you describe the type of socket that you have/can see on the wall? It may be that there is already a filter pre-built into the socket, in which case the microfilter could be surplus to requirements.

Mcbrad79
Hooked

Its a BT box with a lower bit that sticks out about an inch, it has 2 screws either side an ADSL port on the left (the one the cable is plugged into) and a phone port on the right. Says ADSL v1.0 in the bottom right corner.
The only issue was I wanted to use the phone line in the living room as this socket is in one of the bedrooms.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Ok, sounds like a filtered faceplate in your bedroom, so no microfilter needed.

You should still be able to use your phone standalone in the living room.

Mcbrad79
Hooked

Thanks Matty, it was just to put the router more central we actually don't have or plan to use a landline phone. It seems to be working from the bedroom though. Thanks for all your help. You deserve a raise 😉 have a good day
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You deserve a raise 😉 have a good day

Thanks, I'll aggressively email that quote out to everyone in the company Grin