Did you mean: 

3 engineer visits later...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 3 engineer visits later...

@Gandalf 

Are there any specifics on the location?

Is this a "riser" pole or just a "transit" pole?

Might suggesting to BT that they just install a new pole in a different location deliver quicker results?

It sounds somewhat unbelievable that a multi billion business such as BT Openreach cannot provision whatever equipment within the local division.  Surely if one pole is near this river, there must be many others near the same river which at anytime might need someone to shimmy up them?

See Working On or Over Water: In-depth | Croner-i (croneri.co.uk)

It would appear quite evident that BT Openreach has failed in its duty of "providing and maintaining suitable rescue equipment" - for there appears to be no local provision at the place of need and a failure to maintain what might have been there ... one presumes since 2015 when these regulations came into force.

Is it the case that the option to provide "mobile elevating work platforms to prevent falls from height" is not viable at the location?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman wrote:

@Gandalf 

Are there any specifics on the location?

Is this a "riser" pole or just a "transit" pole?

Might suggesting to BT that they just install a new pole in a different location deliver quicker results?

It sounds somewhat unbelievable that a multi billion business such as BT Openreach cannot provision whatever equipment within the local division.  Surely if one pole is near this river, there must be many others near the same river which at anytime might need someone to shimmy up them?

I've asked Openreach....

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

For anyone interested, here is a live view of this very dangerous river for which BTOR requires special H&S equipment / measures Whaley Bridge River Camera - ESI (esi-alarms.co.uk)

Farcical does not even begin to describe matters here!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Sara68 

I've just sent a text message to the mobile number associated with your account. Yesterday, we received an email from Openreach advising us that the work can be carried out today, and they've asked whether access can be provided between 10:30 and midday.

Please get back to me if access cannot be provided and I'll let your case handler know as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Sara68
Dabbler

5 engineers turned up today and finally it’s been sorted out. Thanks to the Plusnet team for their help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the confirmation @Sara68 

Really glad to see this. Sorry again for how long and how many engineers it had taken for us to reach this stage.

I've just added a reply onto your support ticket 214390577 with an offer for a goodwill gesture, which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Great news!!

Let me guess...

• One to do the job
  • Two to watch the one doing the job
  • Two to watch the watchers

G3WYP
Rising Star

Sorry Townman you got it wrong it was:

1 to do the work

2 to make sure he does it according to the rules

2 to watch that the 3 intellectuals didn't give any secrets away

Derek 

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13