Did you mean: 

3 engineer visits later...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: 3 engineer visits later...

I'm actually just chasing this up now with Openreach

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the delay @Sara68 It's taken a while

I've found out that the order's completed with Openreach so they can't get another engineer out on the back of the order, so we'd need to raise a fault report to arrange this. 

However the supplier systems haven't triggered what's known as KCI3 which is the order completion notification which means that we're not yet able to raise a fault in the usual way.

I've instead raised what's known also as a manual fault which Openreach should be able to pick up on and manually raise a task to the engineers, bypassing the usual systems.

Assuming the manual fault reaches an engineer and they're able to go out and fix the line, your service may not be up and running straight away after as the order completion notification would need to be sent so things activate fully (Openreach are working on this in the background)

Raising the manual fault has basically sped up the process a bit so we don't need to wait for the order completion notification then raise a fault, we can in effect work on getting both done at the same time.

I'll continue to monitor and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, should be within 24-48 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sara68
Dabbler

I’ve had an email to say the phone service is now active, but there’s still nothing there...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Sara68 

Aye that's the order slowly completing however as per my email response, we've raised a fault with the engineers.

As soon as I know more I'll be sure to let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sara68
Dabbler

I’ve just received this email today, after receiving several emails telling me that the service was up and running.
“Dear Ms Webster, I've received engineer notes advising "This requires a engineer trained to work next to water, we have no one trained to do this." Unfortunately it looks like the order completed without the actual engineering work being carried out. Openreach are trying to find an engineer in the area who's trained to work near the fast flowing river. I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, at the latest this will be before the close of play on Friday”.
Surely this has to be a wind up. Why in gods name does it take 4 engineers visits to then decide that they can’t do the job? It’s taking the p*ss. There’s a phone line from the pole to the building. Who put that in. Maybe the could get him to do it? I’m getting really fed up with the whole thing now. If another engineer comes and says he can’t do it, then I definitely will cancel the order, and find another way to get broadband.
This is really shoddy. This is already costing us money due to not being able to take card payments with our new card machine. It feels like we’ve been completely misled by somebody.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Sara68 

Totally get the frustration, it's largely outside of our direct control unfortunately but we're doing what we can to get this sorted asap. I'm monitoring this closely as soon as I know more I'll drop you another email.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

As frustrating as it is, this is BT OPENREACH and the situation will not change no matter which ISP you chose who uses the "last mile" BT "phone" network.

You sound rather rural, thus a 3/4G mobile "phone" network broadband service (such as those provided by EE) is not likely to be a viable alternative.  I suggest that a snotty letter to the CEO of BT Openreach (those responsible for putting the wires up) might me more productive than your very understandable complaint here.

In the meantime, it is now 17:35 and and I am still awaiting for a BT Openreach engineer to attend a 13:00-18:00 appointment slot!  At times the supplier's service is quite shabby.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sara68
Dabbler

The point is that I’m losing money now. If something doesn’t happen in the next week, I’ll have no choice but to cancel and find another alternative. O2 and EE have good 4g service here, do I would be able to go for 4g WiFi with either of those. Not my preferred choice, but...
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Sara68 wrote:
If something doesn’t happen in the next week, I’ll have no choice but to cancel and find another alternative...

I think it would be worthwhile following @Townman 's suggestion of emailing

cliveselley@openreach.co.uk

before giving up.

In a cast iron case like yours things can suddenly happen within days.

The usual form is for the CEO's office staff to call the complainant in the first instance, so be sure to include a contact number if possible.

Good luck...  🤞🏽

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@198kHz  I believe you missed a dot !!

clive.selley@openreach.co.uk

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Mustrum @Sara68 Oops - sorry about that.  Embarrassed

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Sara68
Dabbler

I’ve sent an email voicing my dissatisfaction with the process, but I’m not holding out much hope…
Sara68
Dabbler

So now Openreach are saying they haven’t got the correct type of safety rope for working near water. You couldn’t make this up…
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Sara,

Have you had an acknowledgement from BTOR's CEO?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Sara68 There's a little more to it than that. In a nutshell though, safety comes first. 

As discussed via the ticket, we've escalated your complaint to Openreach's high level complaints team (similar to the DSO, Director's Service Office). Through the discussions I've had with the case handler, there's a shortage of safety ropes which meet the required standards for an Openreach engineer to climb the pole near the river. 

They've got more of these ropes on order, and in the meantime the engineers are checking if any of these ropes are available across the UK from other areas that they could post across to them. 

We are doing absolutely everything we can, this is with the highest possible escalation team within Openreach. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet