cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25! working days from order to activation for fibre?

Parmo
Hooked

25! working days from order to activation for fibre?

Ordered Fibre Extra on the 31st August and was given a activation date yesterday of the 2nd of October. This cant be right, that's 22 *working* days from when I placed my order. I am moving from Sky but out of the minimum contract period for about 4 years.

Why would this take a month? I know there is a minimum of 10 working days for a change of supplier but 22 (32 calendar days from ordering) is taking the mickey.

*Updated to 25 working days... Sad

12 REPLIES 12
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: 22 working days from order to activation for fibre?

Probably down to Openreach engineer availability.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If Sky are anything like BT they require 30 days notice to cancel, so you may have been paying both companies.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That seems longer than I'd expect. Let me look in to this and get back to you later.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Parmo
Hooked

Magic, cheers Chris.

Chris
Legend

Looking in to this it appears my colleague placed the orders correctly, we can *try* to bring the date forward but this means cancelling the current orders, waiting for them to clear and then replacing new ones. This may also lead to the order being pushed back a couple of days.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Parmo
Hooked

I'm not sure that would be a good course of action, I'm less than happy at it taking a month before we start to complicate matters. I know you are tied to what Openreach offers for engineer availability but a month is ridiculous.

Thanks for looking into this Chris.

Parmo
Hooked

I've just received a message to say my broadband is going to be installed on the 5th of October. My cancellation to Sky went in on the 31st of August so I'm going to be without service for nearly a week if this is correct. This is unacceptable and I will need to cancel my order as I provide oncall services so require continuation of service.  Can someone have a look into this as soon as possible please?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Parmo

If you want to cancel the order then Plusnet will require you to call them

Customer sales

• 0800 432 0080 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 0170 (from abroad)
  • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
  • 9am - 7pm Saturday
  • 9am - 6pm Sunday
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend

Have you told Sky to cancel your service? If so that might cause issues.

Transferring to a new provider is 'gaining provider led', meaning that we place the orders to move and Sky will be informed of the date we're taking over. If the dates are different Sky need to correct this.

Parmo
Hooked

Yes I gave Sky my months notice to cancel all services on the 31st of August. Because I didn't think there would be a 5 week lead time. Do you mean that because I started the cancellation, you have to wait until Sky cancel the service before enabling yours?  Moving to Sky only took two weeks, why is this different?

So what is my course of action from here? Contact Sky to cancel my cancellation?

Parmo
Hooked

I've called Sky, turns out the Sky retentions guy should have said to me that if I was moving to another provider that the phone and broadband shouldn't be cancelled.

@Chris So that cancellation has been cancelled Cheesy and should be good for you to try a new order.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for confirming that @Parmo our initial orders were cancelled when the connected cease order was cancelled, a colleague is just replacing these now for you, so we should have a new date for you within the next 24/48 hours (Minimum 10 working day lead time)

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet