cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 working days for installation (and counting) with my order currently half-complete

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: 25 working days for installation (and counting) with my order currently half-complete

You do not have an appointment date, the 3rd of April is a review date when PlusNet will ask BT if anything has happened with the order and you can guess what the response will be. It is unbelievable how inefficient BT ordering processes are when something goes wrong.Angry

kimsomers
Dabbler

Re: 25 working days for installation (and counting) with my order currently half-complete

@RealAleMadrid this is true. However, the fact that Plusnet use BTs engineers means they are just the middle man rather than a supplier-customer relationship which seems to be the main cause for the miscommunication. If I were to go with BT let's say - at least they would have more resources and quicker response times to resolve issues like this. 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@kimsomers wrote:

This is what I have been told next:

"I am very sorry your broadband order has not completed as of yet as originally advised. Unfortunately when the appointment was booked for 23/03/2018 an exception was created on our supplier side which meant it dd not go through. ..."

The OP posted on 31/03 that the appointment was booked for 23/03 so Plusnet must have booked the appointment on or before 21/03. Just when was the exception created? I'd have expected that to be soon after the appointment was requested by Plusnet. Is this yet another example of a failure on Plusnet's part to pick up a response from "their supplier" and it was only picked up after the user complained about another target date passing?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kimsomers
Dabbler

@jelv yes, you've hit the nail bang on the head here. Every time they've missed the giving appointment date I've had to waste my own time to chase them up for an update to find out what happened. This is very unprofessional and it feels like Plusnet don't even care about getting the service up for a new customer.

I must also note once again that this is the second time my order hasn't been completed due to this 'exception'.

kimsomers
Dabbler

Made up my mind and have decided to go with a different provider. I will be starting this process now and have demanded my intial payment to be refunded in full and to not be charged a cancellation fee as I never received a service in the first place.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's possible the service will be started before your chosen provider takes over. If it does I suggest you DO NOT plug in the router or use the service it in any way as doing so might undermine your claim for a full refund.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Really sorry to hear you're looking to cancel your order.

However, the fact that Plusnet use BTs engineers means they are just the middle man rather than a supplier-customer relationship which seems to be the main cause for the miscommunication. If I were to go with BT let's say - at least they would have more resources and quicker response times to resolve issues like this. 

Due to regulations, Openreach and BT Wholesale are required to provide an equal service to all ISPs that use their services. As a result, it's unlikely that BT Retail would have anymore influence than we do for these types of issues.

The OP posted on 31/03 that the appointment was booked for 23/03 so Plusnet must have booked the appointment on or before 21/03. Just when was the exception created? I'd have expected that to be soon after the appointment was requested by Plusnet. Is this yet another example of a failure on Plusnet's part to pick up a response from "their supplier" and it was only picked up after the user complained about another target date passing?

Our suppliers advised us on the 21st that the work was due to complete on the 23rd.

When this didn't happen we chased this up the next working day on the 26th and we were advised of an open exception that prevented the job from being passed to the engineering teams.

An exception is basically a stage or activity.

An order goes through various activities and sometimes it can become stuck on an activity where our supplier systems can't automatically progress it so they raise a bridge case/task to manually move the forward to the next activity/stage.

I've checked the current status of the order and I can see an engineer went out on the 29th advising us that they've detected a battery contact on the line which needs resolving before they can complete your order.

This is because if the order completes before this is done it's likely your service won't work as it should do. They've passed the job with the relevant team internally and we've been advised to check back on the 4th April.

I can also see we've requested to cancel the order as per your instructions.

Unfortunately as the order is past the expected completion date, it's at what our suppliers call "Past point of no return" which means it's possible it just can't be cancelled.

As such it's unlikely another provider will be able to get a broadband order in place on the line until our order completes.

Our provisioning team will update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kimsomers
Dabbler

First try by BT themselves and I've got my internet up and running reaching 150 mbps with their Ultrafast package. BT said 13th April engineers will come to my property and get me up and running - and that is exactly what they did. 

There was a fault with my line internally which they fixed within an hour free of charge which is probably the same fault that caused plusnet to keep re-appointing new engineers. Plusnet argue that they use BT engineers too so it wouldn't be any different but they are 100% wrong - doesn't matter that both use the same engineer providers - what matters is communication and resources. Plusnet don't have that.

As a BT customer now and a very disappointed former Plusnet customer - I will be chasing up my refund of my initial charges that I paid in February shortly. Take note everyone - I highly recommend looking elsewhere for your broadband than here regardless if you would save a tenner per month. It's worth the extra buck for service quality alone.