cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months waiting, still nothing, complained to ofcom..

hexa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

2 months waiting, still nothing, complained to ofcom..

the telecom industry is a joke.

I've been waiting 2 months trying to switch from talk talk to plusnet and still have no idea what is happening.

have complained to ofcom and gonna contact my MP. they should just nationalize the industry and we can just deal with BT openreach direct rather than these pointless middlemen 'providers'. would recommend anyone else messed around by these jokers to do the same.

8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: 2 months waiting, still nothing, complained to ofcom..

Hi there,

I can see that you signed up with us on the 23rd, so we'd really expect an issue like yours to be resolved by now. Apologies for the poor experience.

As it stands, we've placed two separate orders, and both in which have been delayed by the process of porting the number over to us.

Upon contacting Openreach they have advised that the number port requests are being rejected by your existing provider due to the details being incorrect. To get a bit more specific, they are advising the the postcode doesn't match up with their records.

Appreciate that this is an inconvenience to yourself, but we need your existing provider to update your account to your correct address. Really sorry for the hassle caused.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

this is a nightmare all i've been doing for 2months playing message boy for you....

plusnet: Bt openreach says we cant take over the line, contact talktalk

talktalk: there is no problem contact plusnet

plusnet: Bt openreach says we cant take over the line, contact talktalk

talktalk: there is no problem contact plusnet

round and round with basically "computer says no" for an answer.

I can't understand it, the post codes for both talktalk and plusnet are the exact same.

hexa
Rising Star

i did manage to harangue the hell out of some 'senior' complaints rep who after 20mins of parroting

"there is no problem with us you need to contact plusnet"

finally said for you to put in the port request again, hopefully my ear-bashing means they will actually put some effort into fixing whatever the problem was.

just don't tell me we will have to wait another bloody 10 working days to find out.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the update, someone will get back to you about this on ticket 137903730 soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has it been double checked that the order is being placed against the correct phone number?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hexa
Rising Star

was told by talktalk broadband would transfer on 10th of december, then 13th now got a message from you guys saying 19th?

this is a joke. i signed up months ago.

can't you speed this up being as i've been waiting and messed around for months?

why does your industry seem to operate at steamboat era pace?

meanwhile i'm having to pay through the nose for crappy talktalk broadband.

how do we even know come 19th of december we wont get some stupid ''computer says no'' [-Censored-] again

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Thank you again for getting in contact @hexa

Unfortunately we cannot take over a working line from another provider; quicker than 10 working days. This would be in breach of an OFCOM regulation as regards switching providers. OFCOM take this seriously and have fined another company a large sum for attempting to get around this without following the process. Therefore this was set up and all providers, including the majority operators such as ourselves, Sky, BT and Talk Talk, have to abide by it. We will keep checking this for you and advise periodically with updates in the progression of these latest orders which were placed this afternoon for you.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
hexa
Rising Star

I have already waited more than 10 working days though haven't I! I've been waiting nearly 3 bloody months!

funny that they don't fine them for deliberately delaying my broadband switch by three months though? I hardly think they can claim any high ground here. I would think you, talktalk and bt openreach would be doing all you can to fix this ASAP.

meanwhile i'm contacting BBC watchdog about this.