cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2+ Month delay to fibre order

fibreplease

2+ Month delay to fibre order

Hi,

I'm currently two months into an endless cycle with Plusnet of trying to have my Fibre connecting activated, receiving a projected activation date, and having it pass without a word from Plusnet. There are many painful details to this ordeal but long story short, fibre capacity was not available in my area even though I was initially sold the contract.

After much back and forth, failed installation attempts by Openreach etc, BT finally installed additional fibre capacity at our cabinet and we were given a new date for the fibre to be turned on for yesterday (7th November). The provisioning team had set up 2way sms contact and explicitly said that they would contact me at the end of the day with an update. Nothing. I can now see on the DSL checker that there is a waiting list for fibre, but this is unacceptable as had clearly reached the top of the list and had an activation date confirmed.

I have no idea how to get out of this cycle and as the only way of contacting the provisioning team is consistently holding for over an hour on the phone, there is virtually no way of contacting them. I have spent over 10 Hours on the phone to Plusnet since taking out my contract in September, and still have no service with no responses to my written communication.

Is there any way I can get firm answers, and get the fibre finally up and running! I'd switch to Virgin in a heartbeat but my hands are tied with only BT lines on my street. 

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: 2+ Month delay to fibre order

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @fibreplease

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have spoken with our suppliers today and provided you with an update on your fibre order here

Kind regards,

fibreplease

Hi,

After much more discussions, back and forth and new dates as to when I might get broadband, I've still had absolutely zero progress. This is totally unacceptable, as now your support team don't even know why I can't have broadband. The length of time spent and amount of effort on everyones part spent on making this happen is ridiculous. Please can I receive some solid answers on how to proceed. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @fibreplease

Having looked at your account i'm afraid I can offer no further update past what has been stated here earlier today. 

Once the TAGS query has been updated we should be in a better place to give you the info you have requested. 

I'm so sorry this is taking as long as it is - thanks for your continued patience. 

Kind Regards,

MoR