cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Days until live. NO ROUTER!

Louise6
Dabbler

2 Days until live. NO ROUTER!

I have switched too plus network. I have had confirmation from my old supplier and plusnet that my switch date is on Thursday 4th. I have just checked my email expecting that surely I would have one too tell me my router is on the way but nothing. I am very concerned that we are going too get too Thursday and I still won't have a router. Where is it? Not the best start hope it improves as this does not bode well. Edit spoken too customer service all sorted.
12 REPLIES 12
Nicholls2000

Re: 2 Days until live. NO ROUTER!

Hi Louise.

Just had same issue. My service ends tonight and my Plusnet is supposed to start 3rd March. No router. Customer service say it was only sent yesterday. Don't believe it was. May I ask how your situation was sorted. I apparently have to reconfigure my old router is their suggestion

regards

Gary

Louise6
Dabbler

Hi Gary
Spoke too customer services via 0800 number who placed the order for router have already had email verification that the order is placed. Hopefully arrives in time.
Nicholls2000

My router will not be in time

Poor start

Louise6
Dabbler

I agree the fact I have had too chase this up makes me wonder if I have made the right decision. Time will tell.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Nicholls2000 PlusNet do not insist on you using their supplied router, so depending on which ISp you are migrating from and what router you have , it MAY be possible to reconfigure it to your PlusNet account. Certainly if you have a BT supplied router it will be possible.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Nicholls2000

Hi MisterW

They have said that I can reconfigure my EE router, which I'm not confident about. Not happy with the fact that they have not even sent a router when my service starts at midnight ish. Thank you for replying though.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Nicholls2000  the EE router is a much better one than the one PN will send you. All you need do is enter your PN username and password - lots of advice available on here if you need it - and it will save you from having to change all your Wi-Fi connected devices. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

They have said that I can reconfigure my EE router, which I'm not confident about.

@Nicholls2000 TBH neither am I. However EE use a version of the BT Smart Hub so it may work. There are up to date details on how to configure the BT Smart hub here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/m-p/1795292#M24601 with a link to the original instructions.

It's got to be worth a try if the PlusNet router doesnt arrive, and even if it does, since the Smart Hub is a better router than the PlusNet Hub one.

Please would you let us know if the EE hub does (or doesnt) work on PlusNet

edit: this https://www.cable.co.uk/broadband/providers/ee-broadband/routers/ does say that it will work on EE,BT and PlusNet so maybe support are correct...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@MisterW 

I can’t find it now but I’m sure there have been posts from people who are successfully using the EE version. I think that confusion has crept in as earlier versions of the EE hubs, possibly pre being taken over by BT, were locked to EE.

Just be aware that the DSL lead must NOT be connected until after you have entered your Plusnet username followed by @plusdsl.net and password as described in the link to the setting instructions. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/m-p/1795292#M24601

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@MisterW  EE use a variety of routers, the Super Hub equivalent the most recent for higher speed customers, it is more likely to be the Hub6 equivalent, or a Brightbox 1 for ADSL or 2 VDSL  - all better than the PN version. They just need username and password changes to work on PN.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Louise and Gary

I'm sorry for the late sending of your routers. They're dispatched in 1st class post and often arrive next day so fingers crossed. Let us know how reconfiguring your own routers go (if the one we've sent doesn't quite land in time)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'