cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero communication regarding order status

Jasond1978
Dabbler

Re: zero communication regarding order status

i had a cellpipe and a cable router but i ditched that and got myself a vdsl router
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Jason
Just to confirm, I have sent you a tg582N adsl router out just in case, as I don't want us to activate your broadband next week to find that your equipment is not compatible.
This is being sent FOC as I understand that this situation is not one if your choosing, and I just want to ensure you are able to get back online as soon as possible.
If you don't need the router then fair enough, but thought it better to be on the safe side Smiley
Jasond1978
Dabbler

i do have other routers that i can use that are adsl, so you really don't have to send one of your own out, also while we are on the subject, do i have to use the cellpipe that will be provided by openreach or can i use my own vdsl router as i was before?Huh
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi cruise85
i have had a text message this morning saying "your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 14/08/2014"
is this for my adsl connection or fibre as you told me on the phone yesterday that it will be active today?Huh
cheers
jase
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning Jase,
The order which is due to complete today is for ADSL. Looks like the notification you received is an automated one but as the order was fast tracked, you can ignore it. Once we have you up and running on ADSL we can then arrange for the phone and fibre to go through (This is all in hand on the ticket on your account).
If you have your own compatible equipment you don't need to use the Openreach modem.
Cheers,
Dan
Jasond1978
Dabbler

cheers for the info dan  Wink
Jasond1978
Dabbler

Hi
I have hooked up a adsl router to try and get some form of connection, everything is green apart from internet light, i have used settings from connection settings page on my plus net account. Am i jumping the gun and my adsl connection is not even ready to use?Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It's likely that your service needs activating by Plusnet. Customer Services can do that if you give them a ring (0800 432 0200) though you need to be aware this will start your broadband subscription, even if BT haven't completed their back end work (which seems unlikely).
David
Jasond1978
Dabbler

received my plusnet adsl router, plugged it in on saturday, the auto configure option didn't seem to work so i did factory reset
now when i open browser it is directed to broadband username and password, does authentication says ok you are ready to go
but when i try to use the internet i get redirected to routers home page with login & password, under internet menu password is blank but when i put this in it says authentication failed
is my adsl active?Huh
i know my fibre order is supposed to be active from thursday 14th midnight
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Did you ring Customer Services to ask them to activate your account?
David