cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero communication regarding order status

Jasond1978
Dabbler

zero communication regarding order status

can someone from plusnet please tell me what the hell is going on with my broadband and phone order?
i ordered on the 10th july, i was asked for my MAC code which i provided on the 22nd july, i was told this was invalid and my order will no longer progress.
on my account it states that an engineer was supposed to be coming to my property yesterday the 28th july who never turned up nor informed me of any change etc.
can someone please shed some light and let me know where you are at with regards to my phone and broadband order
24 REPLIES 24
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: zero communication regarding order status

Hi Jasond1978,
Sorry for any confusion caused. As we advised on the 22nd the order was not progressing so therefore the engineer was not assigned to attend. Sorry if you were expecting the engineer.
I can see that you've made several comments on the tickets that are open on your account. I am going to close the duplicate tickets to leave 1 ticket open so that there is some consistency in the communication on the ticket.
We require your current provider to remove their services from your line in order to provide you with our services. Have you had confirmation from your previous supplier that they've removed the service?
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi linn
please find email body from digital region

Hi Jason,
It's currently at the AOA stage (awaiting order acceptance). I called the provisioning team regarding this and they will send the updates through ASAP.
Kind Regards,
Liam
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Jason Dunhill <JDunhill@acorn-ind.co.uk> wrote:
Hi liam

Any news on my cease and provide date?Huh

Cheers

jase

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that Jason.
I'm unsure what Digital Region mean by AOA stage (awaiting order acceptance)...They need to cease the service before we can place our order. Can you speak to Digital Region and ask if they're going to remove the service from the line and when?
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi linn
i am awaiting a date from Origin my (Digital Region Provider) for the cease and provide, they say that it probably wont go through until early/mid august
bit of a coincidence that digital region closure is on the 14th august
i feel so let down that they have left it until the last minute to let me know of the closure of digital region
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I see. I'll make a note on your account that we're awaiting confirmation from you regarding this. Feel free to update us on here as soon as you've been give a date by Origin and we'll look into that for you and confirm the engineer's appointment once it's booked in. Sorry we can't do anything to speed this up for you Sad
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jasond1978
i am awaiting a date from Origin my (Digital Region Provider) for the cease and provide, they say that it probably wont go through until early/mid august
bit of a coincidence that digital region closure is on the 14th august
i feel so let down that they have left it until the last minute to let me know of the closure of digital region

Trust me Jason, you're not the only one... I'm in the same boat! - I asked for my MAC a week ago and I've still not received it.
They have launched their own forums now, which you can use to contact them - Someone from Origin is quite frequently active on there.
Hope you get sorted out Jason.
They've not even told me anything about my Migration yet!
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi linn
i have today been cut off by origin without being informed prior to this, i have mailed them to confirm this so my line should hopefully be free for you to continue with my fibre and phone order
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi linn
please see reply from origin this morning with regards to line being free
Hi Jason,
I have looked into this and the Tags have to be removed from the line. This is done via a BT engineer which unfortunately we don't have control over, however once this is done you will be free to place a new order.
The provider which you are moving too will be able to advise you of when these Tags have been removed.
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us via email or on 01302 235060.
Kind regards,
Joel.
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Jason Dunhill <JDunhill@acorn-ind.co.uk> wrote:
Hi joel

Is the line free now for me to place an order with another FTTC provider?

Cheers

jase
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Jason
Just to confirm that I have checked the line for you this morning and can see that the TAGs are still apparent on your line. With the digital region, once a cease has been placed, it can take a further 2 weeks for Openreach to remove these TAGs
It may be worth while looking on the Origin forums to see if they have a way of progressing this, as this problem would not have occurred if they had issued a MAC as you requested.
Again, I'm sorry that there is little that we can do to progress this for you
Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi cruise85
i was issued a MAC by origin but you guys said it wasn't valid, i was also told that there is no migration method from FTTC provider to FTTC provider
the MAC code if it is still valid is LLSL0518669/SL349
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Jason
Sorry again for the confusion caused
I have looked into this matter further for you, and it would appear the Openreach will allow us to place an order for adsl on your line, however at the moment will not allow a fibre order to be placed.
As such, I believe the best thing that we can do at this stage is to place the adsl order, which will complete within the next  working 5 days.
This process will take a little longer that planned, but does mean that you will have a connection by next week. The process will be, we place the broadband order, once that has completed, we place the order to take over the telephone line. Once both broadband and phone are with us, we will then be able to place the order to upgrade the account to fibre.
This means you may have to wait a couple of weeks for a fibre connection, but standard broadband will be working by next week.
I know that this sounds a complicated process, but I will of course ensure that this is done as smoothly as possible

Jasond1978
Dabbler

hi cruise85
thats good news, will you let me know when the adsl connection is active and what details i need in my router as i am using my own equipment?
Cruise85
Grafter

I have now placed the order for the broadband service, which should complete a week today.
The information that you need to insert in your router will be your account information, but for obvious reasons I will not post this on the forum thread,  I will send you a ticket from the account explaining the information required.
gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: Jasond1978
i am using my own equipment

Hi Jason
If you were on fibre before, do you have an ADSL modem or just a cable router?