cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yet another price increase

davey6
Dabbler

yet another price increase

I Would like to know just how far plusnet think they can push their loyal customers ? 

Today i get a email telling me of yet another price increase.

that will take my bill to £40 per month for unlimited fibre broadband only

its ok saying in the email about a speed increase but that does not effect people 

like myself that have been with plusnet for years and that increase in speed won't effect 

us at all.

I don't even have a phone connected to my line its just for my internet only

i am starting to feel like i am being ripped off  and maybe its time i switched providers.

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: yet another price increase

Alas it is because people such as yourself keep paying it. If you are on the 40-10 service, rather than 80-20 then there are far better offers out there - even PN offer that service for £24.99 for new customers - not saying you will get it for that, but calling them up should see you get a saving. Otherwise have a look and see what else you could get elsewhere. I saved nearly £200 yesterday by looking at what else I could get on home and car insurance - turns out it was from the same companies, so a quick call to both and I got the saving.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @davey6

We are really sorry to hear you feel this way. I have responded via your account here, and please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't even have a phone connected to my line its just for my internet only

i am starting to feel like i am being ripped off  and maybe its time i switched providers

I tottaly agree m8 , im same no phone just net , plusnet are ripping customers off

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@glesgajohn

Sorry to hear you feel that way,

Unfortunately we can't provide your broadband without a phone line.

If you would like a new deal we'll be happy to arrange a call back

Send me a PM with the best contact number if you want to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Essexboy48
Hooked

I agree as well, to add insult to injury, I get charged more because I'm in a Market 1 area, and there's really no excuse for the extra charge - from the research I've done, all the other ISP's that will provide service in my area DON'T charge extra.

cookijj1

Totally agree.  As a basic ADSL bb customer, it's quite an increase for nothing extra that I can see. 

All very well going on about increase in staff in the support centre, but as a technically savvey user who hardly ever used the centre, I'm subsidising others, rather than getting anything extra for the money.  All very well going on about increases in superfast fibre speed, but again that doesn't apply to me.  All very well going on about free caller ID, but again, doesn't apply to me, so exactly what improvements am I getting for the extra cost?

If prices have to go up (why?), don't dress it up as improvements to services I don't use.