cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am i recieving letters from oriel when i dont owe!!!

Dancf45
Hooked

why am i recieving letters from oriel when i dont owe!!!

debt collector letters saying i owe £60....£75 with costs. ive spoke to someone twice about it now and was reassured it was done in error as i have nothing owing on my account.yet again another letter demanding £75 payment. sort it out plusnet

and also while im on here since ive gone from normal broadband to fibre the speed and range is [-Censored-] [-Censored-] [-Censored-]
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: why am i recieving letters from oriel when i dont owe!!!

@Dancf45

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ and I would suggest getting a complaint in quickly. Use the web form option from that link not the phone or chat as you need a paper trail.

For more information on your legal rights and how to progress a complaint, have a read of https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/your-rights/disputing-debts-with-creditors.aspx

And a complaint letter template helper can be found at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/template-letters/letters/problems-with-services/letter-to...

Add link to Citizens Advice Bureau complaint letter template generator

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Dancf45
Hooked

i have already rang and been on hold for ages and spoke on live chat(i jave a copy) why should i leep spending time ringing when nothing is being done. this has been going on for weeks now and i have had enough. for starters if there was money owing my services would be restricted which they are not!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

As @SpendLessTime has suggested, you need to establish a firm paper trail to avoid potential problems downtrack.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Dancf45

What I have suggested would take 5 minutes and is all online. You need to get it all in a complaint to see it fixed.

The complaint will get Plusnet moving and reduce the stress on yourself (now and in the future). It will also set a deadline of 8 weeks after which you can take them to the Ombudsman if it isn't sorted.

Just state in the complaint that all correspondence must be in writing on the online complaint ticket. You can paste in the previous dealings too, to strengthen your case.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

If possible can you PM me a image of the letter you've received so we can take this up with the relevant people?

With regards to the connection issues you're having I've fully tested your line and that's not showing any issues with your router being connected at the maximum speeds possible for the package your on.

Based on what you've said about the range being poor I'm assuming you mainly connect over Wi-Fi?

If so we'd recommend going through the steps shown here to see if they help. Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team